In 2020, the total Canadian video endoscopy market size was valued at $59.3 million, while the HD and 4K camera system markets were valued at $14 million and $7 million respectively. The total market value is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3% to reach $69.4 million in 2026.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed 16 video endoscopy companies across Canada and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
While this MedSuite report contains all the Canadian Video Endoscopy market data and analysis, each of the market segments is also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Video Endoscopy market
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID19 Impact on the Video Endoscopy market
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Market Value and Industry Trends
Growth in the market has been primarily driven by the conversion of the HD installed base to 4K technology. 4K surgical cameras offer a superior image compared to their HD counterparts. 4K resolution features four times the number of pixels compared to HD, which is very beneficial for enhanced zooming capabilities and for situations where the surgeon can’t directly see the tissue being operated on, like during minimally invasive surgery.
The Canadian healthcare system is limited by government spending on healthcare. Since the majority of the system operates in the public space, provincial healthcare budgets dictate the market. This results in a hesitance to invest in new, more expensive technologies and generally reduces unit sales of capital equipment. Additionally, as a result of the limited budgets, hospitals and other healthcare providers use devices beyond their lifecycles, replacing them only when broken.
Stryker led the Canadian market for video endoscopy by 2020. The company offered products in and was the leader of the surgical camera system, digital image capture device and surgical light source segments. Stryker was the first company to offer HD video technology, releasing the first HD surgical camera system well ahead of its competitors, in 2004.
NDS Surgical Imaging (NDSsi) is the second leading competitor in the US market and held the leading position in the Canadian surgical display market. The company was first to introduce flatscreen panels in the OR and has since retained its position as the leading competitor, despite losing some share to manufacturers that have recently entered the market. The company offers the Radiance® and EndoVue™ lines of HD and 4K surgical displays, with sizes ranging from 15” up to 55”.
By 2020, Barco held the third-leading position in the Canadian video endoscopy market, due to its second-leading position in the surgical display segment, the only segment in which the company is active. Unlike some of the other competitors in the surgical display market, Barco is focused on larger, more advanced HD and 4K surgical displays.
- Surgical Camera System Market – MedCore – The market is further broken down by Device Type into HD and 4K Camera Systems, and by Component into Camera Head and Control Unit (CCU).
- Image Management Device Market – MedCore – The in-depth analysis of the Image Management Device Market.
- Display and Monitors Market – MedCore – The market is further broken down by Display Type into HD and 4K Surgical Displays, and by Display Size into HD and 4K.
- Medical Photo Printer Market – MedCore – The in-depth analysis of the Medical Photo Printer Market.
- Surgical Light Source Market – MedCore – Detailed analysis of the Surgical Light Source Market.
DETAILED MARKET SEGMENTATION
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.