Vascular Access Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | South Korea | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 6 Reports)
The South Korean market for vascular access devices and accessories includes implantable ports, port needles, central venous catheters (CVCs), peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs), peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs), and dialysis catheters.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: South Korea
- Published Date: 02/03/2017
- Pages: 134
- Type: MedSuite
The regulatory process in South Korea has, for several years, been considered a limiting factor in the types of devices and companies that enter the medical device market. The approval process for medical devices in the region tends to be complex and lengthy when compared with other regions such as Europe and the United States. Additionally, there is a perception that the regulatory process tends to favor local producers and distributors, which limits the number of international companies willing to attempt the approval process. Medical professionals and regulatory bodies are increasingly concerned about the incidence of infection when using indwelling catheters such as CVCs, PICCs and PIVCs. In response to these concerns, many manufacturers have developed, or are developing, antimicrobial or antibacterial catheters. These devices are impregnated or coated with proven antimicrobial agents such as silver and chlorhexidine; the addition of these agents raises the overall cost of the device, driving up the overall value of the CVC market. In South Korea, CVCs will increase due to the rise in the number of seriously ill patients and more complex treatment regimens that require the use of CVCs. Despite the fact that PICCs are associated with lower infections, and in countries such as Australia the use of PICCs has grown significantly at the expense of CVCs, practitioners in Korea still prefer to use CVCs.
In South Korea, Dialysis catheters and central venous catheters (CVC) represented the fastest growing segments in 2016. This growth has led to a dramatic rise in clinics offering dialysis. The growth has had a negative effect on the quality of care. The PICC market is also growing rapidly as initiatives by leading companies to educate practitioners improve, convincing them to switch from CVCs to PICCs. Previously, implantable ports were thought to be a market with high potential for rapid growth, owing to product innovations such as power-injectable implantable ports, dual lumen ports and arm ports. However, multi-lumen implantable ports have not sold as well as previously anticipated, and the prices for power-injectable implantable ports have been decreasing dramatically.
This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
Major Segments Covered in the Vascular Access Devices Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all South Korea vascular access device data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the vascular access devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Market Overview for Vascular Access Devices – MedView – Overview chapter on the South Korea market for vascular access devices and accessories. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- Market Report for Implantable Ports – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Implantable Ports market. Provides the total market value of both conventional implantable and power-injectable implantable port market.
- Market Report for Port Needles – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Port Needle market. The chapter breaks down the market to conventional port needle market and power-injectable port needle market and includes their total market value.
- Market Report Central Venous Catheters- MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Central Venous Catheters market. Chapter segments the CVC market into acute and chronic. Acute CVCs are intended to use for a few days, while chronic CVCs are used for approximately six months.
- Market Report for Peripheral Intravenous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripheral Intravenous Catheters market. Covers segmentation into the Conventional Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market, Safety Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market and the Midline Catheter market.
- Market Report for Dialysis Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Dialysis Catheters market. Also includes coverage and analysis of the Acute Hemodialysis Catheter market, the Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter market and the Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter market.
Vascular Access Devices Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Vascular Access Devices Companies Analyzed
In 2016, Becton Dickinson led the Korean vascular access device and accessories market with more than 20%, in large part due to its dominance in the PIVC market. Despite its relatively low overall market share, Sungwon Medical dominated the dialysis catheter segment in 2016. The company is also a major competitor rin the central venous catheter market with its Prime-S™ antimicrobial device.
Other companies researched in this report for South Korea include B. Braun, Baxter, C.R. Bard, Chungwoo Medical, Teleflex Medical, Sungwon Medical, Becton Dickinson, Sewoon Medical, Hyup Sung Medical and various others.
History of Our Vascular Access Devices Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the vascular access devices market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top vascular access device companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.