Vascular Access Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Japan | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 7 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Japan
- Pages: 150
- Published Date: 01/03/2017
- Type: MedSuite
The use of antimicrobial coating on catheters, including CVCs and dialysis catheters, is nearly non-existent in Japan. This is primarily due to the incidence of anaphylactic shock that took place in the 1990s that ultimately led to the death of 13 patients. As a result, companies have withdrawn from the use of chlorhexidine coating on catheters. While anti-thrombogenic coated catheters are available in Japan, their use remains low. In the case of vascular access, a needle is initially used to gain access to the venous system. The potential health risks and costs associated with needlesticks have led to increasing use of safety devices. This will have the largest effect on port needles and PIVCs, where the safety market is growing and represents more than 40% of the total market. The PICC segment is growing as initiatives by leading companies to educate practitioners to improve, convincing them to switch from CVCs to PICCs. In Japan, reimbursement varies by product and approximately covers the cost of the device. For this reason, hospitals will increasingly look upon PICCs as a cost-effective vascular access device that has the benefit of reducing the risk of infection, compared to a CVC.
In the past, Japan’s implantable ports carried a high potential for rapid growth due to product innovations such as power-injectable implantable ports, dual lumen ports, and arm ports. However, it resulted that multi-lumen implantable ports did not sell as well as previously anticipated. Peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs) and central venous catheters (CVC), on the other hand, are showing as one of the fastest-growing segments in the total Japanese vascular access market in 2016. This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the products involved in the market.
Major Segments Covered in the Vascular Access Devices Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all Japan vascular access devices market data, each of the markets is also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the vascular access market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Market Overview for Vascular Access Devices and Accessories – MedView – Overview chapter on the Japan market for vascular access devices and accessories. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- Market Report for Implantable Ports – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Implantable Ports market. Provides the total market value of both conventional implantable and power-injectable implantable port market.
- Market Report for Port Needles – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Port Needle market. The chapter breaks down the market to conventional port needle market and power-injectable port needle market and includes their total market value.
- Market Report Central Venous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Central Venous Catheters market. Chapter segments the CVC market into acute and chronic. Acute CVCs are intended to use for a few days, while chronic CVCs are used for approximately six months.
- Market Report for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters market. The chapter segments the devices to conventional peripherally inserted central catheters and power-injectable peripherally inserted central catheters.
- Market Report for Peripheral Intravenous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripheral Intravenous Catheters market. Covers segmentation into the Conventional Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market, Safety Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market and the Midline Catheter market.
- Market Report for Dialysis Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Dialysis Catheters market. Also includes coverage and analysis of the Acute Hemodialysis Catheter market, the Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter market and the Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter market.
Vascular Access Devices Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Vascular Access Companies Analyzed
In 2016, C.R. Bard led the Japanese vascular access device and accessories market with nearly 20% of the market share. Medikit came a close second with 15% of the market share. This was in thanks to their strong presence in the PIVC market. Another strong competitor, despite its relatively low overall market share, Nipro dominated the port needles segment with their SafeTouch™ Huber Infusion Sets that are designed to prevent needlestick injuries.
Other companies researched in this report for Japan include B. Braun, Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Teleflex, Medtronic, Terumo, Unitika, Kawasumi, Biolax Medical, Vygon, Smiths Medical, Sophysa, Toray, Medcomp and various others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.