Vascular Access Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | China | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 7 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: China
- Pages: 153
- Published Date: 02/03/2017
- Type: MedSuite
In China, implantable ports and port needles represented the fastest growing segments. The implantable ports market will experience high single-digit growth owing to product innovations such as power-injectable implantable ports, dual lumen ports and arm ports. Multi-lumen implantable ports are selling better than previously anticipated. Furthermore, the use of implantable ports in China is on the rise as a spike in the incidence of cancer severely affected the country. The port needles market is also increasing at a similar pace as the implantable ports because access to the implantable ports must always be achieved with port needles.
Although the overall market is increasing, growth may be limited by a lack of education and proper training. Chinas vascular access market is relatively underdeveloped, therefore any new products that enter the market require training to ensure their proper use, which is not only expensive, but also time consuming. This is prominent in the PIVC market where some practitioners are not using safety PIVCs due to their familiarity and comfort using conventional devices. Similarly, practitioners require training and education on the use of power-injectable devices, such as PICCs and ports, which is limiting the rate of transition to these devices. In China, health policy is undergoing extensive reform. The government has been particularly interested in ensuring that basic medical services are available for the whole Chinese population and not just for the middle and upper class. In addition, the government is encouraging private capital investment to improve service quality and meet the publics diverse and complex needs. More reform is required to bring new opportunities to invest in the healthcare market and bring profound change to the healthcare landscape in China. The use of implantable ports in China is on the rise as a spike in the incidence of cancer severely affected the country. According to the World Health Organization, over three million newly diagnosed cases of cancer were recorded in China in 2012. The increasing use of chemotherapy will require implantable ports.
While this report suite contains all China vascular access devices market data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the vascular access market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Market Overview for Vascular Access Devices – MedView – Overview chapter on the China market for vascular access devices and accessories. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- Market Report for Implantable Ports – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Implantable Ports market. Provides the total market value of both conventional implantable and power-injectable implantable port market.
- Market Report for Port Needles – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Port Needle market. The chapter breaks down the market to conventional port needle market and power-injectable port needle market and includes their total market value.
- Market Report Central Venous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Central Venous Catheters market. Chapter segments the CVC market into acute and chronic. Acute CVCs are intended to use for a few days, while chronic CVCs are used for approximately six months.
- Market Report for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market. The chapter segments the devices to conventional peripherally inserted central catheters and power-injectable peripherally inserted central catheters.
- Market Report for Peripheral Intravenous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripheral Intravenous Catheters market. Covers segmentation into the Conventional Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market, Safety Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market and the Midline Catheter market.
- Market Report for Dialysis Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Dialysis Catheters market. Also includes coverage and analysis of the Acute Hemodialysis Catheter market, the Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter market and the Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter market.
This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
Vascular Access Devices Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Vascular Access Companies Analyzed
In 2016, Becton Dickinson had the largest share of the vascular access device and accessories market, owing to its share in the large PIVC market. Becton Dickinson has been expanding its overall product portfolio by acquiring companies such as Accuri Cytometers Inc., Carmel Pharma AB, Safety Syringes Inc. and CareFusion. Having a more complete product portfolio allows Becton Dickinson to address the potential needs of its customers and act as a ‘one-stop solution’ for its expanding customer base. C. R. Bard was the second leading competitor in the total vascular access device market in China in 2016. Bard was present in all of the individual segments in the total market, and was strongest in the PICC and implantable port segments.
Other companies researched in this report for China include B. Braun, Teleflex Medical, Smiths Medical, Cook Medical, Beijing Zhaoshi Medical Device Co., Changzhou Yuandong Medical, Henan Concerone Industry Co. and various others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.