Vascular Access Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Australia | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 7 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Australia
- Pages: 620
- Published Date: 02/03/2017
- Type: MedSuite
In Australia, peripherally inserted central catheters (PIVCs) and dialysis catheters represented as one of the fastest growing segments in the total Australian vascular access market in 2016. New technologies are being released into the market that focused more on reducing infection rates and making PIVCs safer and easier to use. In the past, implantable ports were seen to also have a rapid growth, however, multi-lumen implantable ports sales have been poor as of r late. This includes the power-injectable implantable ports as well. Despite this, the use of PICCs has grown significantly at the expense of CVCs. This was due to significantly lowered overall procedural cost.
This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
The Australian government presented a new federal budget in May of 2014. The outline contained measures to reduce federal spending, including on healthcare. Moreover, the new government will implement new models to determine reimbursement for medical services. These measures and the ongoing price cuts through public tenders is leading to steep declines in ASP, which is outweighing unit sales growth in several important markets. New technologies are expected to have a significant impact on the vascular access device market. The competition in this market has spurred companies to differentiate their products in order to gain market share. This has consistently led to unique, premium-priced products. Some of the new technology will strive to increase lumen number to allow for multiple functions with the same catheter. The more significant technological advancements will be in electrocardiogram (ECG) tip location. The increasing use of ultrasound has led to significant growth in the use of PICCs. Increasingly, ultrasound is being used for placement of PIVCs.
While this report suite contains all Australia vascular access devices market data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the vascular access market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Australia Market Overview for Vascular Access Devices – MedView – Overview chapter on the Australian market for vascular access devices. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- Market Report for Implantable Ports – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Implantable Ports market. The chapter covers conventional implantable ports and power-injectable implatable ports, as well as, providing units sold analysis.
- Market Report for Port – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Port Needles market. Chapter provides analysis and forecast of both safety port needle and power-injectable port needle markets.
- Market for Central Venous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Central Venous Catheter market. Chapter segments the CVC market into acute and chronic. Acute CVCs are intended to use for a few days, while chronic CVCs are used for approximately six months.
- Market Report for Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market. The chapter segments the devices to conventional peripherally inserted central catheters and power-injectable peripherally inserted central catheters.
- Market Report for Peripheral Intravenous Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Intravenous Catheter market. Covers segmentation into the Conventional Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market, Safety Peripheral Intravenous Catheter market and the Midline Catheter market.
- Market Report for Dialysis Catheters – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Dialysis Catheter market. Also includes coverage and analysis of the Acute Hemodialysis Catheter market, the Chronic Hemodialysis Catheter market and the Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter market.
Vascular Access Devices Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Vascular Access Companies Analyzed
C.R. Bard led the Australian vascular access device and accessories market with more than 18% market share in 2016. This was thanks to their strong presence in the implantable port and PICC market. Despite this, Medtronic has proven once again that they are not out of the competition. The company dominated the dialysis catheter segment in 2016 and continues to innovate and add more devices in their existing product portfolio.
Other leading competitors in this market include B. Braun, Smiths Medical, C.R. Bard and Teleflex. B. Braun is continually investing in the PIVC market and narrowing their focus on the safety PIVC segment.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.