Urology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis | Europe | 2019-2025 | MedSuite | Includes: Urinary Incontinence Slings Market, TURP Devices Market, and 7 more
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Europe
- Pages: 676
- Published Date: 05/03/2019
- Type: MedSuite
Europe’s market for urological endoscopes experienced the highest level of growth in 2015. This segment will continue to demonstrate a higher level of growth throughout the forecast period. Compared to other segments in the total market, the endoscope market will grow at rates more than three times faster, except one. Growth will be sustained by the range of procedures requiring urological endoscopes, each expected to experience increasing demand. The next fastest-growing market was that of erectile dysfunction devices. This market is driven by the prevalence of diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and the increasing senior population. However, the level of growth will also be kept at bay by alternative treatment methods such as drug therapy and vacuum erection devices.
This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
As a whole, the urological device market is very well established. This limits the potential for substantial growth. Although companies continue to provide novel adaptations to their products, the general trend within the market is a slightly declining ASP. However, some segments are an exception to this – lasers (for both BPH and stone management) have recently seen some exciting developments.
Although a highly commoditized market, an increasing global awareness of infection rates is helping to drive a single-use device preference. This results in higher unit sales and an associated growth in market value. Despite this preference, there is an ongoing push within the U.K. to gain acceptance of reusable catheters.
The shift within urological endoscopes from fiber devices to video devices is not complete and therefore the urological endoscope market should continue to exhibit strong growth for the near future. Additionally, the urinary catheter market is expected to exhibit strong growth, particularly hydrophilic catheters.
While this report suite contains all European urological device data, each of the markets is also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the urological device market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Urological Devices Market Overview – MedView – Overview chapter on the European market for urological devices. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- Procedure Numbers for Urological Devices – MedPro – Discusses urological procedures performed in Europe. It includes prostate cancer treatment, interventional benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treatment, stone management, nephrostomy, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction management.
- Urinary Incontinence Slings Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Urinary Incontinence Slings market. The chapter segments the market into male urinary incontinence slings and female urinary incontinence slings.
- TURP Devices Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the TURP Device market. The chapter is segmented into TURP Monopolar Electrode and TURP Bipolar Electrode.
- Laser BPH Devices Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Laser BPH Device market. The chapter includes the Laser BPH Capital Equipment market and the Laser BPH Fiber market.
- Brachytherapy Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Brachytherapy market. The chapter includes units sold, growth factors, drivers and limiters affecting the market, and competitive analysis.
- Urinary Catheters Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Urinary Catheter market. The chapter segments the market into intermittent, Foley, and male external catheters.
- Nephrostomy Devises Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Nephrostomy Device market. The chapter segments the market into percutaneous nephrostomy access devices and balloon dilators.
- Stone Treatment Devices Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Stone Treatment Device market. The chapter includes market segments such as ESWL Device, Holmium Laser Fiber, Stone Fragment Retrieval, and Ureteral Stent.
- Urological Endoscopes Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Urological Endoscopes market. The chapter includes market segments such as the rigid cystoscope market, flexible cystoscope market, semi-rigid ureteroscope market, flexible ureteroscope market, rigid resectoscope market, and rigid nephroscope market.
- Erectile Dysfunction Devices Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Erectile Dysfunction Device market. The chapter includes the Inflatable Erectile Dysfunction Device market and Malleable Erectile Dysfunction Device market.
Urological Device Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2025, and Historical Data to 2015
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Urology Market Share Insights
Coloplast was the leading competitor in the European urological device market in 2018. The company’s position in the overall market can be primarily attributed to its success in the urinary catheter market and the erectile dysfunction market. They also play a significant role in the nephrostomy device and urinary incontinence device markets.
Wellspect HealthCare was the second leading competitor in the European urological device market. Unlike the market leader, Wellspect was only prominent in the urinary catheter market, where it was also the second leading competitor.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.