In 2020, China’s urological device market size was valued at nearly $540 million, with over 2.4 million urological procedures performed every year. The market value is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% to reach $605 million in 2026.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed 49 urology companies across China and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts.
While this MedSuite report contains all of the Chinese Urological Device market data and analysis, each of the market segments is also available as stand-alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Urology Procedure Volumes
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Urological Device market
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Market Value and Industry Trends
The stable growth across the market is driven by an increasing number of procedures performed, fueled by the growing geriatric population and the incidence rates of associated diseases, including urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, urolithiasis, nephrolithiasis and prostatic diseases. Moreover, complications of BPH treatment may result in urinary incontinence, providing a correlation between markets for the related treatment devices.
The urinary incontinence management device market, followed by the stone management device market and BPH treatment were the largest segments of the total market, accounting for the vast majority of the total market value in 2019. The growth of the urinary incontinence management device market is primarily driven by the catheter segment, which will account for the majority of the market growth. The growth in the stone management and BPH treatment device segments is driven by the stable demand for related procedures, the growing prevalence of prostatic and kidney diseases, and the premium prices for lasers and lithotripters.
By 2020, the leading competitor in the Chinese urology market was Boston Scientific. The company led the urinary incontinence management device market, pelvic organ prolapse repair market, stone management, and erectile dysfunction treatment market. The company’s leading position is attributed to its established products, including men’s health and prostate health businesses.
BARD was the second-leading competitor in the urological device market in China. This was attributed to the company’s notable presence in the urinary incontinence market, as well as its share of the pelvic organ prolapse repair and stone management device markets.
Accu-Tech held the third-leading share of the Chinese market by 2020, primarily attributed to its presence in the stone management device market and BPH treatment device market, the second and the third-largest segments of the total market.
Click on each title to view detailed market segmentation.
- Procedure Numbers for Urological Devices – MedPro – Discusses urological procedures performed in China. The analysis includes interventional benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) treatment, pelvic organ prolapse repair, stone management, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction management procedures further broken down by device type.
- Urinary Incontinence Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Urinary Incontinence Device Market. The chapter includes Urinary Catheter, Urethral Bulking Agent, and Incontinence Management device markets.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Market – MedCore – The market is comprised of the segments for Transvaginal and Sacrocolpopexy Meshes.
- Stone Management Market – MedCore – This market is categorized by Device Type into ESWL Equipment, ISWL Equipment, Holmium Lasers, Stone Fragment Retrieval Device, Ureteral Stent, and Ureteral Guidewire market segments.
- BPH Treatment Market – MedCore – This market is segmented by Device Type, including Transurethral Resection of Prostate (TURP), Laser BPH, UroLift, and Rezūm devices.
- Erectile Dysfunction Market – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Erectile Dysfunction device market. The chapter includes market segments, such as the Inflatable, Malleable, and Vacuum Erectile Dysfunction device markets.
Detailed Market Segmentation
DON’T SEE THE SEGMENT OR DATA YOU NEED?
Feel free to contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons below.