Trauma Devices Market Report Suite | China | 2019-2025 | MedSuite
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 2015-2025
- Region: China
- Published Date: 03/03/2019
- Pages: 445
- Type: MedSuite
The Chinese trauma device market was valued at $702 million in 2018. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.3% to reach over $1.15 billion in 2025.
One of the major drivers of this market is the continuing government initiatives to reform healthcare, medical insurance and reimbursement systems, as well as increasing support for
domestic production. This also might attract foreign investors and activate international collaboration.
The cost-reduction national programs are most likely to affect international companies, due to their higher expenses related to distribution, resulting in higher end prices compared to local
manufacturing. This also will force companies to establish local production facilities through investment or collaboration.
The market is limited by the current state of the national healthcare infrastructure in China, which is unable to reduce the burden of fracture incidence and provide affordable treatment option for
the majority of the population. Even with 95% of the population covered by the basic medical insurance, the nature of the traumatic injuries, and different reimbursement regulations across
the country, limit affordable medical care.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED
While this report suite contains all applicable market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the specific market segment research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Trauma Devices – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic trauma procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Plates and Screws Market – MedCore – Includes evaluation of standard plates and screws, hybrid plates and screws, locking plates and screws, and distal radius plates and screws.
- Intramedullary Nails Market – MedCore – This report includes markets for humeral intramedullary nails, forearm intramedullary nails, femoral intramedullary nails, tibial intramedullary nails, and ankle intramedullary nails.
- Cannulated Screws Market – MedCore – Includes categorization for headed and headless cannulated screws.
- Intramedullary Hip Screws Market – MedCore – This report provides insight into the markets for both stainless steel and titanium intramedullary hip screws.
- Conventional Hip Screws Market 2019 – MedCore – This report is composed of a market segment for both stainless steel and titanium conventional hip screws.
- External Fixations Market – MedCore – The total market for external fixations is further segmented into the markets for shoulder girdle external fixations, upper arm external fixations, forearm external fixations, hand and wrist external fixations, hip external fixations, upper leg external fixations, knee external fixations, lower leg external fixations, ankle external fixations, and foot and toe external fixations.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- 10 Year Scope
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
CHINA TRAUMA DEVICES MARKET SHARE INSIGHT
In 2018, DePuy Synthes remained the leading competitor in the total Chinese trauma devices market. This can be attributed to their leading position in all the market segments. Their most significant market share was in the plate and screw market, where they also continued to lead. This is a result of their pioneering efforts in developing locking plate and screw systems, which the company first introduced in 2002. Additionally, the company promoted a switch to titanium over stainless steel systems, which is fueling their market growth. DePuy Synthes occupies the premium end of the market and has a strong sales force.
In 2018, Stryker was the second-leading competitor in the Chinese orthopedic trauma market, strongly supported by their acquisition of Chinese leading orthopedic manufacturer, Trauson, in 2013. Stryker’s most notable product is their Gamma® nail, which was crucial for leading the market away from compression hip screws in other countries.
In addition, this report analyzes many other competitors including: Medtronic Kanghui, Smith & Nephew, Zimmer Biomet, Weigao, Wright Medical, Acumed, Xinrong, Suzhou Sunan Zimmered, Double Medical, CANWELL Medical, Jiangsu Trauhui, Orthofix, Changzhou Canshin Medical Technology, Changzhou Waston Medical Appliance, Shanghai A-Orth Medical, Shanghai Kinetic Medical, Suzhou Gemmed Medical Instrument, and other domestic manufacturers.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.