Surgical Robotics and Navigation Market Analysis, Size, Trends | India | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 7 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: India
- Pages: 721
- Published Date: 10/1/2016
- Type: MedSuite
A number of factors are impacting the Surgical Robotics and Navigation market both positively and negatively. This report includes an analysis of how recruitment competition, economic benefits, clinical benefits as well as the revenue from procedures are positively impacting each segment. Furthermore, the report goes deeper and showcases factors that could possibly negatively impact the market such as the cost of they systems, the training period for each device and competing technologies.
There several robotics segments with small installed bases in India which do not yet see regular annual sales. These segments include robotic systems with neurosurgery, spinal surgery, and radiosurgery applications. These systems are given qualitative analysis in the appendix. For many procedures, the use of an IGS or robotic system increases the duration of the operation. Facilities and surgeons will therefore lose money as they are forced to schedule fewer procedures. This delay has decreased with newer models; however, any increase in time may reduce the number of operations that can be scheduled in a facility. This negatively impacts both surgeons and facilities, and can make potential clients less willing to pay the high costs associated with robotics systems. The Indian surgical robotics market is extremely new; while several systems have regular sales and growing installed bases, a number of companies are planning to enter the market throughout the forecast period. This means the technology is still unfamiliar to the majority of surgeons. Since not all surgeons will be comfortable with using a robotics system, this may limit the number of procedures performed. Surgical navigation systems are often marketed by implant companies and bundled with other products, while robotics companies have traditionally been smaller and focused on a narrower range of technologies. However, partnerships have led to a series of acquisitions of smaller robotics companies by larger, more established medical device companies. Since the technologies can be considered competitors, this trend is expected to continue as robotic technology becomes more widely adopted and accepted.
While this report suite contains all India robotics and surgical navigation device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the robotics and surgical navigation market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Neurosurgery Navigation Systems Market – MedCore – Neurological procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- Spine Navigation Systems Market – MedCore – Spine procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- ENT Navigation Systems Market – MedCore – ENT procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- Orthopedic Navigation Systems Market – MedCore – Procedures performed using navigation systems qualitative and quantitative, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis. Breaks up procedures numbers for total knee, total hip and partial knee arthroplasty. Covers procedure volumes and forecasts them to 2023. Also, defines the percent of these procedures which are performed using a navigation system.
- Surgical Robotics Systems Market – MedCore – Provides market analyses including unit sales, ASPs, Market Value and growth trends. The chapter also contains market drivers and limiters for each chapter segment, a competitive analysis for each chapter segment and a section on recent mergers and acquisitions
Surgical Robotics and Navigation Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Surgical Robotics and Navigation Market Share Insights
Companies researched in this report for India include Medtronic, Intuitive Surgical, Brainlab, Stryker, Aesculap Inc., Smith & Nephew, Blue Belt Technologies, DePuy Synthes, Karl Storz, MAKO Surgical Corporation, Mazor Robotics, Medtech, Smith & Nephew and Zimmer Biomet. The report includes review of each company and their role within the robotics and surgical navigation market.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.