Surgical Light Source Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global surgical light source market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $765.0 million by 2027.
The majority of the global surgical light source market share was controlled by Karl Storz, Stryker, and Olympus with global market research spanning over 70 countries.
Surgical light sources provide illumination for endoscopic cameras, surgical headlights, and surgical microscopes. The concentrated light is transmitted from a base unit to the destination through a fiber optic cable made up of very pure glass fibers. Surgical light sources are expected to become more advanced over the forecast period due to technological improvements in LED technology, which include the ability to control lights via smart technology and, in the future, by voice.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Surgical Light Source Market Insights
The surgical light source market is mature. The vast majority of sales are replacements of older units. Light sources are typically purchased in bundles, including endoscopic cameras and image capture devices. The conversion to 4K technology is causing an increase in endoscopic camera sales, which, in turn, will drive light source sales through bundling. As a result, the number of units sold is expected to increase, which will positively influence the market value. COVID-19 has had an impact on this market in terms of delayed construction which is further discussed within the report.
Market Share Insights
The global surgical light source market was controlled by Karl Storz, Stryker, and Olympus. In 2020, the leading competitor in the surgical light source market was Karl Storz. The company offers a variety of operating room (OR) devices. Since Karl Storz bundles its light sources with its surgical cameras, its shares of the two markets are very similar.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.