Surgical Camera Systems Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Analysis | Global and Emerging | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: HD Surgical Camera System Market (HD Surgical Camera Head Market and HD Camera Control Unit Market) & 4K Surgical Camera System Market (4K Surgical Camera Head Market and 4K Camera Control Unit Market)
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global surgical camera system market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to reach $5.4 billion by 2027.
The majority of the global surgical camera system market share was controlled by Olympus, Stryker, and Karl Storz. This global market research spans over 70 countries and includes the HD Surgical Camera System Market and the 4K Surgical Camera System Market further segmented into camera heads and CCUs.
Surgical camera systems consist of two components: the camera head and the camera control unit (CCU). The camera head is attached to the scope, which is inserted into the patient. Some surgical cameras include an optical zoom, which allows for easy adjustment of the image size. Camera heads and CCUs are typically bundled together and sold as one package to a hospital. The bundle usually includes one CCU and anywhere from one to four or five camera heads.
Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Company Profiles and Product Portfolios
- Leading Competitors
Surgical Camera Systems Market Insights
The main driver of growth in the surgical camera systems market is the conversion of the HD surgical camera system installed base to 4K-capable camera systems. Despite the increasing adoption of 4K camera systems, HD camera systems remain the standard. However, this is expected to change rapidly. Unit sales for 4K camera systems are anticipated to increase significantly over the forecast period, taking over the market from HD. The video endoscopy market experienced a substantial drop in sales at the beginning of 2020 due to COVID-19, but the overall annual sales volume was not as heavily impacted.
Market Share Insights
The global surgical camera system market was controlled by Olympus, Stryker, and Karl Storz. Olympus was the leading competitor in 2020. The company released the VISERA™ 4K UHD camera system in 2015, making it one of the first companies to offer a 4K camera system. Olympus offers this product in a system that also includes a light source, as well as a 31” and 55” 4K display.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.