Sports Medicine Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2020-2026 | MedSuite (Includes 12 Reports)
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 2016-2026
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 12/01/2019
- Pages: 405
- Type: MedSuite
The total market for the orthopedic soft tissue repair products is limited by the relatively stable incidence rate of tendon and ligament injuries, which varies greatly among different anatomies and different population groups. The highest incidence rate of such injuries is reported among professional sports players. Additionally, certain cases can be treated non-surgically, limiting the number of procedures.
Low reimbursement rates are another limiting factor for the orthopedic soft tissue repair market, primarily affecting Medicaid patients. The cost-saving strategy of an outpatient facilities, as well as some hospitals, is also discouraging adoption of advanced devices and surgical technique.
Major Segments Covered in the Sports Medicine Market Report Suite
While this report suite contains all orthopedic soft tissue repair market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the sports medicine market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Sports Medicine Market Overview– MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all orthopedic soft tissue repair markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Procedure Volumes for Sports Medicine– MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic soft tissue repair procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Sports Medicine – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this orthopedic soft tissue repair devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Tendon Graft Reinforcement Market – MedCore – Segmented by Rotator Cuff Reinforcement and Achilles Reinforcement Markets.
- Rotator Cuff Repair Market– MedCore – Covers segmentation on PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, All-Suture Anchors, and PEEK Carbon Fiber (CF) Suture Anchors.
- Shoulder Labrum Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, All-Suture Anchors, and PEEK Carbon Fiber (CF) Suture Anchors.
- Biceps Tenodesis Repair Market– MedCore – This report includes Suture Anchors and Tenodesis Screws.
- ACL/PCL Reconstruction Market– MedCore – Split into two major segments: Bone-to-Bone Allografts and Soft Tissue Allografts.
- ACL/PCL Fixation Device Market– MedCore – Further segmented into Femoral Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Cross-Pins, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Cortical Fixation) and Tibial Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Washer and Post Devices).
- Cartilage Repair Market – MedCore – This market is comprised of the Osteochondral Allograft, Meniscal Allograft, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation, Particulated Juvenile Allograft Implant, and Microfracture Adjuct Markets.
- Meniscal Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by Suture, Implant and Hybrid Meniscal Repairs.
- Hip Arthroscopy Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation on Hip Radiofrequency Probes, Banana Blades, Hip Access Kits, Suture Anchors, and Disposable Suture Passers.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Sports Medicine Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Orthopedic Soft Tissue Repair Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Sports Medicine Companies Analyzed
The leading competitors maintain their dominance through their presence in the largest segments of the market, primarily in the rotator cuff segment and ACL/PCL reconstruction. Arthrex has maintained its position as a leading innovator with a wide range of products and surgeon training. Arthrex led the rotator cuff, shoulder labrum repair, biceps tenodesis and ACL/PCL reconstruction segments, resulting in its leading position in the total market. Smith & Nephew’s second-leading position was attributed to its dominance in the meniscal repair and hip arthroscopy markets.
Other notable companies include ConMed, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, RTI Surgical, Wright Medical, MTF Biologics and others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.