Sports Medicine Market Size, Share and Trends Analysis | Japan | 2019-2025 | MedSuite | Includes: Rotator Cuff Repair Market, Shoulder Labrum Repair Market, and more
- Year: 2019
- Scope: 2015-2025
- Region: Japan
- Pages: 284
- Published Date: 05/03/2019
- Type: MedSuite
Overall, the Japanese sports medicine market is projected to experience moderate growth over the forecast period, driven by continuing adoption of new products and increasing demand in arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee.
The main driver of the market is the fast adoption of newer technologies, coupled with the established medical regulation system. Japanese medical device approval can be granted even
before the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approval and can be less time-consuming, which makes the market more attractive for foreign investments. Like the global orthopedic soft tissue industry, the further growth of the market will be supported by a steady procedural growth, due to the country’s expanding geriatric population and increasing incidence rates of traumatic and sports-related injuries.
The total Japanese sports medicine market is growing at a rate of 8.4%, which will take the 2018 market value of $82 million up to $145 million by 2025.
While this report suite contains all orthopedic soft tissue repair market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the orthopedic soft tissue repair market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Sports Medicine Market Procedure Volume Analysis – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic soft tissue repair procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Sports Medicine Devices – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this orthopedic soft tissue repair devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Rotator Cuff Repair Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation on PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, and All-Suture Anchors.
- Shoulder Labrum Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by PLA Resorbable Suture Anchors, Biocomposite Suture Anchors, PEEK Suture Anchors, Metal Suture Anchors, and All-Suture Anchors.
- ACL/PCL Fixation Device Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Femoral Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Cross-Pins, Cortical Fixation) and Tibial Fixation Devices (Interference Screws, Intratunnel Fixation Devices, Washer and Post Devices).
- Meniscal Repair Market – MedCore – Segmented by Suture, Implant and Hybrid Meniscal Repairs.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2025, and Historical Data to 2015
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Sports Medicine Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Sports Medicine Market Share Insights
In 2018, Smith & Nephew was the leading competitor in the Japan sports medicine market with over half the total market share. The company led all segments of this market in Japan. Smith & Nephew also has a strong presence in related markets in the U.S. and Europe. Smith and Nephew’s success can to attributed to their wide coverage of products across the shoulder, knee and hip segments. The company is followed by Arthrex and DePuy Mitek as significant competitors in this market.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from ConMed Linvatec, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, and tissue banks, domestic manufacturers.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.