Overall, the global shoulder labrum repair market was valued at $511.5 million in 2022. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 6.8% to reach $809.3 million.
The full report suite on the global market for shoulder labrum repair includes subsegments for resorbable and non-resorbable sutures (i.e., biocomposite, polyether ether ketone (PEEK), all-suture, polylactic acid (PLA), PEEK carbon fiber, metal).
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2029, and Historical Data to 2019
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Procedure Volumes
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Superior labral anterior to posterior (SLAP) repairs peaked a decade ago (2008-2010) and have since declined. Nevertheless, the shoulder labrum repair market is projected to grow due to an aging population and the trend of active lifestyles, particularly in sports activities that involve overhead throwing. As a result, the number of shoulder labral repairs is expected to increase at a moderate CAGR over the forecast period.
GLOBAL SHOULDER LABRUM MARKET TRENDS
In the field of shoulder soft-tissue repair, the past decade has seen a strong focus on the development of new materials and surgical techniques. This has resulted in the adoption of all-suture anchors and PEEK CF materials, which have driven market growth in these segments. All-suture anchors were initially introduced for arthroscopic repair of the glenoid labrum, with a focus on shoulder instability. In 2022, these anchors gained a significant presence in the shoulder labrum repair market.
GLOBAL SHOULDER LABRUM MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Overall, within the global shoulder labrum market there are three dominant competitors: Arthrex, DePuy Synthes, and Smith & Nephew.In 2022, Arthrex led the shoulder labrum repair market, with over a third of the market share. Arthrex has maintained its dominance in the shoulder repair market by heavily marketing its line of biocomposite suture anchors like the FASTak® and suture passers like QuickPass™ and SutureLasso™.
GLOBAL SHOULDER LABRUM MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- Resorbable Suture Market
- Non-Resorbable Suture Market – Includes:
- Biocomposite, polyether ether ketone (PEEK), all-suture, polylactic acid (PLA), PEEK carbon fiber, metal
Research Scope Summary
|Regions||North America (Canada, United States)
Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela)
Western Europe (Austria, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, U.K.)
Central & Eastern Europe (Baltic States, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Middle East (Bahrain, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
Asia Pacific (Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam)
Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda)
|Quantitative Data||Market Size, Market Share, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, Average Selling Prices|
|Qualitative Data||COVID-19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data.
Read more about iData’s 9-Step Research Methodology
WHY CHOOSE IDATA?
- Experts Only – iData has been around for over 17 years and is the trusted source of intelligence, and data-driven insights for key industry players. We are made up of specialists with a sole focus on medical devices, dental devices and pharmaceuticals. Our research and consulting field of endeavour never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we are the number one choice for leading companies in this field.
- Global Coverage – iData’s unique methodology, and its expansion to over 70 countries world-wide, has made it one of the most viable sources of intelligence for global companies along with those who plan to expand their portfolio beyond the confines of their own country. Providing procedural data at the country level is another testimony to the trusted global coverage we provide.
- Attention to Detail – It’s our attention to small details, scheduling of timelines, and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing – When comparing like-with-like, iData’s prices are not only extremely competitive but also the most cost-effective. We strive for success and want the same for our clients. With the level of detail incorporated into each report alongside the extensive segmentation provided, no other report compares at our price point.