Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis | Global | 2020 – 2026 | MedCore | Includes: Tip-Placement PICC Kits & Basic PICC Kit Market
- Year: 2020
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global peripherally inserted central catheters market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to exceed $850 million in 2026.
The majority of the global peripherally inserted central catheters market share was controlled by Becton Dickinson and AngioDynamics. Overall, this global market research includes an analysis of peripherally inserted central catheters companies spawning across more than 70 countries in the world.
PICC Market Data Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters Procedure Volumes
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Market Segment
- Market Forecasts Until 2026, and Historical Data to 2016
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Procedure Volumes
Through this study on the global peripherally inserted central catheters market, iData Research has performed an analysis on the procedure volumes in order to increase the accuracy of our market sizing, and provide you with the volume of procedures over a 10-year range and across 70 countries.
Global PICC Market Insights
The largest market for peripherally inserted central catheters was the North American region. Within this region, the largest segment of the market was power-injectable PICCs. Unit sales of power-injectable PICCs are expected to grow throughout the forecast period, while sales of non-power-injectable PICCs will decline. Power-injectable PICCs are expected to remain the standard of care in North America throughout the forecast period. However, non-power-injectable PICCs are expected to maintain a niche share of the total market, due to their lower cost.
Overall, the global market size for peripherally inserted central catheters market is expected to grow over the forecast period. Gains in the value of the total PICC market will be driven by increases in unit sales and moderated by slight declines in ASP.
Global PICC Market Share Insights
In 2020, the global peripherally inserted central catheters market was controlled by two key competitors – Becton Dickinson and AngioDynamics.
Becton Dickinson was the market share leader in the global peripherally inserted central catheters market in 2020. Becton Dickinson announced their acquisition of C.R. Bard on April 24th, 2017. The deal closed in December 2017. At the time of the acquisition, C. R. Bard was the leader in the U.S. PICC market. The company leveraged its extensive PICC portfolio and market leading tip-confirmation technology to capture over 78% of the total U.S. market for PICCs.
Research Regional Coverage
Throughout this research series, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa (South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
Contact Us For Additional Information
For full segmentation and any questions regarding research coverage, please contact us or send a request by pressing one of the buttons on the right.
- Becton Dickinson
- Cook Medical
- Teleflex Medical
- And More
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.