Peripheral Vascular Devices Market Report Suite | Europe | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 16 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 8/1/2016
- Pages: 881
- Type: MedSuite
One of the major market limiters in the market for peripheral vascular devices is the lack of reimbursement. The lack of reimbursement for certain expensive devices, such as atherectomy and chronic total occlusion devices, has limited demand in the majority of countries. Moreover, emerging technology, such as drug-coated balloons, is not reimbursed outside of Germany. As a result, growth in these markets outside of Germany has been limited.
Overall, the peripheral vascular device market was valued at €1,210 in 2016. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 2.8% to reach €1,466.
The full report suite on the European market for Peripheral Vascular (PV) devices includes peripheral vascular stents, percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) balloon catheters, atherectomy devices, chronic total occlusion (CTO) devices, embolic protection devices (EPDs), stent-grafts, surgical grafts, arteriovenous (AV) access thrombectomy devices, inferior vena cava filters, diagnostic and interventional catheters, standard and hydrophilic guidewires, introducer sheaths, vascular closure devices (VCDs) and transcatheter embolization devices.
While this report suite contains all Europe Peripheral Vascular Devices data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the Peripheral Vascular Devices market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- European Market Overview for Peripheral Vascular Devices 2017 – MedView: Gives an easily accessible view of all peripheral vascular device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total Europe market.
- European Procedure Numbers for Peripheral Vascular Devices 2017 – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of peripheral vascular procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- European Market Report for Athrectomy Devices 2017 – MedCore: The atherectomy device market is expected to grow due to two main factors. Firstly, there is a lack of alternative treatments. Secondly, peripheral vascular procedures tend to result in high restenosis rates.
- European Market Report for AV Access Thrombectomy Devices 2017 – MedCore: Lumen stenosis is a considerable problem for both arteriovenous (AV) access surgical grafts and native fistulae because they have poor vessel patency. Due to their tendency to acquire blockages, AV access surgical grafts will require revascularization twice a year, and native fistulae will need to be cleared at least once a year.
- European Market Report for Chronic Total Occlusion Devices 2017 – MedCore: The European market for chronic total occlusion devices includes re-canalization and re-entry devices. Growth in the total market in 2016 was driven by an increase in unit sales of both the re-canalization and re-entry device markets.
- European Market Report for Diagnostic and Interventional Catheters 2017 – MedCore: The catheter market comprises two segments: diagnostic and interventional catheters. Diagnostic catheters are used in combination with X-ray imaging to visualize the main arteries.
- European Market Report for Embolic Protection Devices 2017 – MedCore: There are many different EPD platforms available for use in the peripheral vascular market, including filters, arterial occlusion balloons and devices that redirect blood flow.
- European Market Report for Vascular Closure Devices 2017 – MedCore: The total market for VCDs comprises the invasive VCD market and the non-invasive VCD market. Growth in the value of the total market is projected to increase over the forecast period.
- European Market Report for Surgical Grafts 2017 – MedCore: The European surgical graft market comprises the lower limb surgical graft market, the AV Access surgical graft market, the aorta repair surgical graft market and the extra-anatomical bypass surgical graft market.
- European Market Report for Stent-Grafts 2017 – MedCore: The total market for stent grafts comprises the abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) stent graft segment and the thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) stent graft segment.
- European Market Report for Standard and Hydrophilic Guidewires 2017 – MedCore: Guidewires are used extensively both in diagnostic and interventional peripheral vascular procedures to deliver treatment options. The guidewire market can best be segmented into standard (non-hydrophilic) or hydrophilic guidewires.
- European Market Report for Peripheral Vascular Stents 2017 – MedCore: The European market for peripheral stents comprises bare-metal and covered stents. Drug-eluting stents are also used in peripheral stenting procedures but are not included in this analysis.
- European Market Report for PTA Balloon Catheters 2017 – MedCore: The European market for PTA balloon catheters includes standard, high-pressure, large, small, specialty PTA and drug-coated balloons. Growth will be driven by increased unit sales in all segments and particularly high growth in the drug coated and specialty segments.
- European Market Report for Inferior Vena Cava Filters 2017 – MedCore: The market for IVCFs is not saturated, but it is also not expected to undergo rapid growth during the forecast period. The market for IVCFs is limited by the notion that most patients can be treated using pharmaceuticals, such as anticoagulants.
- European Market Report for Introducer Sheaths 2017 – MedCore: Introducer sheaths are used for facilitating the insertion of devices into vasculature. These devices include guidewires and catheters that are used during peripheral interventional procedures.
- European Market Report for Transcatheter Embolization Devices 2017 – MedCore: The total transcatheter embolization device market comprises the embolization particle segment, the embolization coil segments and the embolization liquid segment.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Peripheral Vascular Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Peripheral Vascular Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Peripheral Vascular Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Peripheral Vascular Companies Analyzed
Medtronic’s overall market share increased significantly in 2015 following the completion of the acquisition of Covidien. Cardinal Health has substantial market share in the U.S. market for peripheral vascular devices, and in 2015 entered the European market with its acquisition of Cordis. Boston Scientific continued its dominance in the markets for transcatheter embolization device market and is expected to make up for a growing share of the market over the forecast period.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.