Overdenture Market Analysis | United States | 2018-2024 | MedCore

  • Year: 2018
  • Scope: 2014-2024
  • Region: United States
  • Pages: 198
  • Published Date: 8/1/2018
  • Type: MedCore

In 2017, implant-supported overdentures represented the largest overdenture segment, making up nearly 50% of the overall overdenture market value. Implant bar-retained overdentures comprised the remainder, of which approximately 25% were of the removable type, with the remaining 75% consisting of fixed-hybrid overdentures. Demographic factors, as well as increased marketing and awareness, will
drive the market for implant-supported overdentures.

An overdenture is defined as a complete or partial removable denture prosthesis, which is supported by
mucosa and by a few remaining natural teeth that have been altered to permit the denture to fit over
them. Overdentures are intended to provide increased support, stability and tactile and proprioceptive
sensations as compared to conventional dentures. Furthermore, by retaining the natural roots or insertion
of dental implants, bone resorption of the jaw ridge is greatly reduced.

Segments Covered in This Market

  • Total Overdenture Market
  • Implant-Supported Overdenture Market
  • Removable Implant Bar Overdenture Market
  • Fixed-Hybrid Overdenture Market

Report Data Types Included

  • Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
  • 10 Year Scope (3 Year Historical + 7 Year Forecast Period)
  • Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
  • Competitive Analysis with Market Shares
  • Product Portfolios
  • Related Press Releases from Top Competitors

Companies Analyzed

About Our In-Depth MedCore Research

Our analysts meticulously research for up to 3 to 4 months to put together one suite of reports (MedSuite), which is a comprehensive analysis on a group of healthcare markets. A MedCore is one portion of that analysis that focuses on one market segment, and provides further detailed segmentation to get a much more granular set of market data.

This MedCore is also found in the full report suite titled U.S. Market Report Suite for Overdentures and Implant Bridges – MedSuite

Learn More about these product types

The "US Report Suite for Overdentures and Implant Bridges 2018 - MedSuite" includes analysis on the following companies currently active in this market:
Nobel Biocare
Dentsply Sirona
Zimmer Biomet
*Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.

iData’s 9-Step Research Methodology

Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:

  • Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
  • Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
  • Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants

Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.

Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.

Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.

Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.

Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.

Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.

Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.

Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.

Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.

Click Here to Read More About Our Methodology