Orthobiologics Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Australia | 2016-2022 | MedSuite
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: Australia
- Published Date: 3/1/2016
- Pages: 107
- Type: MedSuite
The orthobiologics market in Australia grew in-line with its historical growth but slower than in the previous two years. This is mainly due to the entry of major new products and their consecutive hyper growth in the period of 2012 to 2014. In fact, all three segments of the orthobiologics market had one major new product introduced during that period. Overall, the Australian orthopedic biomaterials market totaled $47.1 million in 2015 with a high-single digit growth rate. The market is expected to maintain its long-term growth trajectory through 2022.
While this report suite contains all data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Procedure Numbers for Orthobiologics – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic biomaterials procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Bone Graft Substitutes Market – MedCore: Bone is a biologically active tissue and will regenerate whenever possible; however, there are instances where the damage is significant enough to warrant a scaffold to help rejoin the fissure or cavity. Bone grafting is a surgical procedure in which damaged bone is replaced with autograft tissue, allograft tissue or a bone graft substitute, which can be either synthetic or metal.
- Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation Market – MedCore: Hyaluronic acids (HAs) are naturally occurring biopolymer fluids found in the joints that help cushion them from wear. Sufferers of osteoarthritis are deficient in these fluids. One of the treatment options for these patients is HA viscosupplement injections. Viscosupplements are injectable products that come in three varieties of injection regimens. The market consisted of two segments, single-injection and three-injection, with single-injection.
- Orthopedic Growth Factors Market – MedCore: Growth factors are a group of small, soluble proteins that bind onto cell surface receptors, triggering a series of signals that regulate the body’s ability to grow, renew and heal. Due to the regenerative properties of growth factors, they have been exploited for bone healing in orthopedic applications.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
The fastest growing segment in 2015 was hyaluronic acid viscosupplementation. The second best performing segment in 2015 was bone graft substitutes. This segment consists of three sub-segments: allografts, synthetics and demineralized bone matrices (DBM). The allograft and synthetic sub-segments largely performed in-line with their historical trends, while DBM continued to outperform them due to the recent entry of the very first commercial product in Australia.
To read more about the Australian orthobiologics market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Orthobiologics Market Share Insights
Based in Dublin, Ireland, Medtronic is one of the world’s largest medical device companies and has two offices in Australia located at North Ryde and Lane Cover, both suburbs of Sydney. Medtronic sells two versions of its synthetic MasterGraft® product: a compressible matrix block and putty, as well as an HAP-based Nanostim® that comes in a paste form. These products complement the hardware lineup offered Medtronic’s highly competitive spinal fusion department.
DePuy Synthes is a multinational orthopedic and neuro product company, which is owned by Johnson & Johnson. Its main office in Australia is located in North Ryde, a suburb of Sydney. In the Australian biologics market, DePuy Synthes gained the second largest share in that segment. It also introduced the first commercial DBM product in Australia marketed as DBX®.
The Australian Orthobiologics Market Report Suite includes analysis on the following companies currently active in this market:
Austofix, Austspine, Baxter, Bioventus, Bone Banks, Cerapedics, DePuy Synthes, Emergo Asia Pacific, Genzyme (Sanofi), Global Orthopaedic, LMT Surgical, Medtronic, Nuvasive, Prism Surgical, Scient’x Australia, Signature Orthopaedics and other.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.