Neuromodulation, Neurovascular, Neurosurgical and Monitoring Devices Market Report Suite | Austria | 2017-2023 | MedSuite
The full report suite on the U.S. market for neurological devices includes cerebrospinal fluid shunts, cerebrospinal fluid external drainage systems, intracranial pressure monitoring devices, detachable coils, liquid embolics, catheters, guidewires, balloon occlusion devices, neurovascular stents and flow diversion stents, spinal cord stimulators, vagus nerve stimulators, sacral nerve stimulators, deep brain stimulators, gastric electric stimulators, neuroendoscopes, stereotactic frames, stereotactic frameless systems, ultrasonic aspirators, aneurysm clips, neurosurgical microscopes, intrathecal pumps and mechanical thrombectomy devices.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 8/1/2016
- Pages: 778
- Type: MedSuite
The neuromodulation market was the largest in the overall neurological device market in 2016 while the smallest market was aneurysm clips. Neuromodulation devices command a high premium and there are many varieties which are growing in popularity. The aneurysm clip market is small market due to cannibalization by detachable coils, which is now the third leading market segment by revenue. The fastest growing segment in the neurological device market in 2016 was for mechanical thrombectomy devices. This market involves two segments: snare retrievers and thrombectomy catheters. These innovative devices offer a longer period of time after symptom onset of ischemic stroke to treat patients and can offer drastically improved clinical outcomes over current treatments. As clinical evidence increases there should be steady growth in this market over the forecast period. The market with lowest growth in 2016 was the aneurysm clip market. The use of aneurysm clips continues to decline due to the shift towards the use of endovascular treatments, such as coiling, to treat aneurysms. Moreover, the introduction of flow diversion stents is the latest innovation in neurovascular intervention that will negatively impact aneurysm clips. Nonetheless, there will always remain a need for aneurysm clipping, especially to treat ruptured aneurysms. The detachable coil market also experienced low growth in 2016. There are many competitors in the market now and the pressure has led to slight decreased in ASP. In addition, the market has moved away from the use of coated detachable coils which commanded a higher premium than the bare platinum coils which are now used the vast majority of the time.
To read more about the US neurological device market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Overall, the neurological device market was valued at over $3.6 billion in 2016. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.9% to reach over $6 billion.
While this report suite contains all neurological device data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the neurological market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- US Market Overview for Neuromodulation, Neurovascular, Neurosurgical and Monitoring Devices 2017 – MedView – Gives a high-level view of all neurological device markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- US Procedure Numbers for Neuromodulation, Neurovascular, Neurosurgical and Monitoring Devices 2017 – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of neurological procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- US Product Portfolio for Neuromodulation, Neurovascular, Neurosurgical and Monitoring Devices 2017 – MedFolio – Across all neurological device market mentioned in this suite, our analysts have gathered information on all of the products available on the market as well as the products in development and clinical trial stages.
- US Market Report for Ultrasonic Aspirators 2017 – MedCore – This market is segmented by components: an electrosurgical generator that comprises the main unit, as well as tips, nosecones, handpieces, pumps, manifold tubing connections and suction tubing that comprises the remainder of the equipment required.
- US Market Report for Neurovascular Stents 2017 – MedCore – This market is further segmented into traditional stent and the flow diverter stent that are both used as treatments for cerebral aneurysms.
- US Market Report for Neuromodulation Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market includes spinal cord stimulator, vagus nerve stimulator, deep brain stimulator, gastric electric and sacral nerve stimulator.
- US Market Report for Neurological Microscopes 2017 – MedCore – This market includes the most advanced surgical microscopes specialized for neurological procedures.
- US Market Report for Neurovascular Guidewires 2017 – MedCore – This market includes neurovascular guidewires, which are used in conjunction with microcatheters to place coils or stents at intracranial locations to treat conditions such as aneurysms and cerebral arteriovenous malformations.
- US Market Report for Neuroendoscopes 2017 – MedCore – This market is focused on neuroendoscope devices, that consist of a small fiber-optic camera attached to an endoscope that is a few millimeters in diameter.
- US Market Report for Neurovascular Catheters 2017 – MedCore – This market includes neurovascular catheters, also known as microcatheters, small enough to be used in neurovascular procedures.
- US Market Report for Mechanical Thrombectomy Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market is further segmented into stent retrievers and thrombectomy catheters.
- US Market Report for Liquid Embolics 2017 – MedCore – This market includes N-butyl cyanoacrylate (NBCA)and an ethylene-vinyl alcohol copolymer agents, that are injected through microcatheters and act like glue in abnormal blood vessels.
- US Market Report for Intrathecal Pumps 2017 – MedCore – This market includes an implantable medical device that delivers medication to the intrathecal space surrounding the spinal cord.
- US Market Report for Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market is focused on monitoring devices that can be used to monitor the intracranial pressure (ICP) of patients that have hydrocephalus, head trauma, brain surgery, intracranial tumors, increased venous pressure, hepatic encephalopathy and cerebral edema.
- US Market Report for Detachable Coils 2017 – MedCore – This market is specialized on a minimally invasive method of treating brain aneurysms and cerebral blood vessel malformations.
- US Market Report for Cerebrospinal Fluid Management 2017 – MedCore – This market includes neurological devices for the treatment of hydrocephalus.
- US Market Report for Balloon Occlusion Devices 2017 – MedCore – This market includes a balloon occlusion devices that have inflatable balloon at their distal end which can be expanded to occlude an artery.
- US Market Report for Aneurysm Clips 2017 – MedCore – This market is focused on devices that are used as a permanent fixture in the brain that resembles a tiny coil-spring clothespin made of titanium or a cobalt chromium nickel alloy.
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Neurological Device Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Neurological Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Neurological Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Neurological Device Companies Analyzed
Medtronic acquired several competitors (most notably Covidien) which has made them the leading competitor in in the neurological device market. They are the leading competitor in many markets such as neuromodulation, intrathecal pumps and mechanical thrombectomy.
St. Jude Medical has gained market share in neuromodulation with their recent entrance into the deep brain stimulation market and their innovative new products in the spinal cord stimulation market. They announced in April 2016 that they will be acquired by Abbott laboratories.
Other notable contenders include Stryker in neurovascular and neurosurgical markets, Codman & Shurtleff, Inc in cerebrospinal fluid management and neurovascular markets, Integra LifeSciences in cerebrospinal fluid management and neurosurgery markets and LivaNova in neuromodulation
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.