Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device Market Size, Share & COVID-19 Impact Analysis | Global | 2021-2027 | MedCore | Segmented by: Endocardial Device Market and Epicardial Device Market
- Year: 2021
- Scope: 10 Years
- Region: Global
- Type: MedCore
The global left atrial appendage closure device (LAA) market size is estimated to increase over the forecast period to exceed $2.2 billion by 2027.
Boston Scientific, Abbott, and AtriCure are the share leaders within the global left atrial appendage closure device market. The global analysis covers over 70 countries and includes the endocardial device market and the epicardial device market.
Left atrial appendage closure devices were developed as an alternative method of reducing the risk of stroke in atrial fibrillation patients. LAA closure devices are used to seal off the LAA, preventing clot formation in the LAA and eliminating the need for the patient to take blood-thinning medication. With the prevalence of atrial fibrillation increasing over the forecast period, competitors within the space are funding trials and studies proving the safety and effectiveness of their respective devices.
MARKET DATA INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Size & Growth Trends
- Procedure Numbers
- COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Market Drivers & Limiters
- Market Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, and SWOT for Top Competitors
Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device Market Insights
The global market for LAA closure devices is composed of endocardial and epicardial devices. Growth in the LAA closure device market will be driven primarily by growth in the unit sales of endocardial devices. This is due to endocardial procedures being the most common, as well as ASPs that are much higher than those of epicardial devices. While growth is strong within the endocardial device segment, epicardial clip devices are projected to experience strong growth over the forecast period as well.
MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
The global left atrial appendage closure device market shares are controlled by Boston Scientific, Abbott, and AtriCure. In 2020, Boston Scientific was the leader of the LAA market. Boston Scientific offers its WATCHMAN™ LAA closure devices as an endocardial option. The WATCHMAN™ was approved by the U.S. FDA in 2015 and has since taken over the LAA market.
RESEARCH REGIONAL COVERAGE
Throughout this report, iData Research has covered over 70 countries across the globe in great detail. Each global region may be purchased as a stand-alone report, tailoring the data to your needs. The regions covered are:
- North America (the United States and Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Venezuela, and Other)
- Western Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal, Benelux, Scandinavia, and Other)
- Central and Eastern Europe (Poland, Turkey, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Hungary, Romania, Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania), and Other)
- Middle East (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Iran, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, and Other)
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, New Zealand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other)
- Africa South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, Libya, Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, and Other)
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.