Interventional Cardiology Market Analysis, Size, Trends | Japan | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 12 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: Japan
- Pages: 199
- Published Date: 10/03/2017
- Type: MedSuite
The total Japanese interventional cardiology market is growing at a rate of 1.3%, which will take the 2017 market value of ¥151,896 up to ¥166,789 by 2024.
Japanese hospitals tend to gravitate towards the more expensive and technologically advanced devices; however, the high-cost of imaging devices like OCT catheter and FFR guidewires is limiting the market adoption. Although prices for OCT catheters have decreased over the last several years, these devices are still substantially more expensive when compared to standard diagnostic coronary catheters. In addition to this, IVUS catheters are already so widely accepted in Japan; therefore, prices of OCT catheters will have to decline substantially before penetration rates can reach even half of the IVUS catheter market.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all Japanese interventional cardiology data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the interventional cardiology market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Interventional Cardiology Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all interventional cardiology markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total Japanese market.
- Procedure Volumes for Interventional Cardiology – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of interventional cardiology procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Interventional Cardiology – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this interventional cardiology suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Coronary Stent Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into the Bare-Mental Stent Market and Drug-Eluting Stent Market.
- Coronary Balloon Catheter Market – MedCore – Segmented into 2 main markets, PTCA Balloon Catheters and Specialty Balloon Catheters.
- Balloon Inflation Device Market – MedCore – The primary uses of balloon-inflation devices are to inflate dilation balloons for stent placement as well as to inject contrast agents for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Interventional Coronary Catheter Market – MedCore – Interventional catheters are used by physicians in procedures for the placement of devices such as stents and balloons.
- Interventional Coronary Guidewire Market – MedCore – The coronary guidewire market is broken down into two segments: Conventional and Specialized.
- Introducer Sheath Market – MedCore – Introducer sheaths facilitate the insertion of devices such as guidewires and catheters for use in interventional procedures.
- Coronary Vascular Closure Device Market – MedCore – Vascular closure devices (VCDs) are used in both the peripheral and coronary markets for minimally invasive cardiovascular therapies.
- Fractional Flow Reserve Guidewire Market – MedCore – Fractional flow reserve (FFR) is a guidewire-based procedure that can accurately measure blood pressure and flow through a specific part of the coronary artery. FFR guidewires are inserted through a diagnostic catheter during a coronary angiogram.
- Intravascular Ultrasound Catheter Market – MedCore – Further segmented into Rotational Intravascular Ultrasound Catheters and Phased Array Intravascular Ultrasound Catheters.
- Optical Coherence Tomography Catheter Market – MedCore – In coronary applications, OCT involves directing an optical beam from a catheter extended into the artery of interest. An OCT system, much like an IVUS system, consists of a catheter connected to a console.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Interventional Cardiology Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Interventional Cardiology Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY DEVICE COMPANIES ANALYZED
Of the many companies in the interventional cardiology market, Abbott holds the leading position, closely followed by Boston Scientific and Terumo. Abbott’s lead can be attributed to their dominating market shares in the coronary stent, coronary guidewire, coronary vascular closure device, FFR guidewire and OCT catheter markets. Abbott’s OCT products, including the C7-XR™ coronary imaging system and C7 Dragonfly™ imaging catheter were the leading devices in Japan in 2017. The company’s most recent product, the Dragonfly™ OPTIS™ imaging catheter, features a rapid exchange tip for quick and improved performance.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include significant market shares from Medtronic, Philips Volcano, Goodman Co., Nipro/InfraReDx, Cardinal Health, Asahi, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.