Gynecological Devices Market Analysis, Size, Trends | China | 2017-2023 | MedSuite (Includes 10 Reports)
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: China
- Pages: 247
- Published Date: 3/1/2017
- Type: MedSuite
The assisted reproduction device market is directly related to procedure numbers and driven by country legislation, increasing education and population demographics. Additionally, emerging technologies in the field are fueling market growth. Endometrial ablation and endometrial resection trends are interlinked. Overall, endometrial resection procedures are increasing.
The hysteroscope market is comprised of rigid and flexible hysteroscopes in addition to alternative types of flexible endoscopes and video endoscopes. The emphasis towards superior technology and high-end equipment is apparent in that rigid hysteroscopes are not the only capital equipment comprising this market.
Colposcopes are a very stable and mature market with high saturation. The biggest trend in colposcopes is the division between low-end cost effective colposcopes and new high-end options with documentation systems.
The largest trend in lasers is the transition from predominantly dermatologists performing non-invasive, in-office laser procedures to gynecologists starting to invest in the technology. The largest trend in fluid management equipment is the division between fluid management equipment compared to traditional gravity bags. China currently has a very low adoption rate. One of the largest market limiters in this regard is diminished funding in the public healthcare system.
To read more about the China gynecological devices market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Overall, the China market for gynecological devices was valued at $212.3 million in 2016. This is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.8% to reach $240.5 million by 2023.
While this report suite contains all gynecological devices market data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the gynecological devices market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Gynecological Devices Market– MedView – Gives a high-level view of gynecological devices markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- China Procedure Numbers for Gynecological Devices Market – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of gynecological procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization Devices Market – MedCore – This market refers to the uterine fibroid embolization (UFE), also known as uterine artery embolization (UAE) which is a radiology treatment for fibroids. The complete market is comprised of the microsphere and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particle sub-segments respectively.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Repair Market – MedCore – This market is further segmented into pelvic organ prolapse repair devices, such as transvaginal mesh and sacrocolpopexy mesh.
- Hysteroscopes Market – MedCore – This market includes both the rigid and flexible hysteroscope that can be used for the diagnosis and treatment of intrauterine and endocervical problems; including endometrial ablation and myomectomy procedures.
- Female Urinary Incontinence Slings Market – MedCore – This market includes both synthetic slings and non-synthetic slings. Surgical treatment using a urinary incontinence sling is one of the most recommended options to help patients become incontinence-free.
- Fluid Management Equipment Market – MedCore – This report is focused on the monitoring and measurement of intrauterine pressure and fluid deficit of a patient undergoing a hysteroscopic procedure.
- Endometrial Resection Devices Market – MedCore – This market refers to the hysteroscopic procedure to remove the endometrial lining using a resectoscope and an electrosurgical loop electrode. Endometrial resection is an alternative treatment option to a hysterectomy for the treatment of menorrhagia (heavy bleeding).
- Colposcopes Market – MedCore – This market includes a colposcope, a low-power stereoscopic, binocular field microscope with a powerful light source used for magnified visual examination of the uterine cervix, vaginal wall and vulva to help in diagnosis.
- Assisted Reproduction Technology Market – MedCore – This market consists of the oocyte retrieval needle, micropipette, embryo transfer catheter, reproductive media and embryo time-lapse incubator sub-segments.
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Gynecological Device Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Gynecological Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Gynecological Device Market Share Analysis
Cooper Surgical’s acquisition of ORIGIO in June 2012 cemented the company’s lead in the assisted reproduction technology segment. The company is a branch of Cooper Companies, that is dedicated to women’s health products. It has a wide range of products available for women’s health and has, over the years, acquired a wide portfolio of companies in order to deliver an expansive range of healthcare products to women.
Cook Medical was the second leading competitor in 2016. They led the oocyte retrieval needle market. One of Cook Medical’s strengths is their variety of different devices in each market segment. This allows the company to cater to many different clients. However, in China, the presence of many country or regional-level local companies increases competition.
Boston Scientific offers products across several markets. In the vaginal mesh markets, it offers the vaginal support system. Within the urinary sling market, Boston Scientific offers a wide range of products. The sale of American Medical Systems’ urology portfolio in March 2015 to Boston Scientific did not include American Medical Systems’ pelvic organ prolapse or female stress urinary incontinence products.
Olympus was founded in Tokyo and is known for the quality of their optical and imaging solutions. As a Japan based company, Olympus’s product portfolios have a disproportionately higher market share and sales volume in Japan and China. The company offers product portfolios in endometrial resection, hysteroscopes, colposcopes and fluid management equipment.
Karl Storz offers products in endometrial resection, hysteroscopes, and fluid management equipment. The company is the market leader in endometrial resection, in partnership with MTP (Medical Technical Promotion gmbh). MTP produces single-use medical products and accessories approved and tested exclusively for Karl Storz.
The report suite for gynecological devices market includes analysis on the following companies:
Astec Bio, Casmed International Limited, Cook Medical, Cooper Surgical, Esco Global, Hunter Scientific, Irvine Scientific, Kitazato, Life Global, BRED Lifescience Technology Inc., Medi-Con International, Merck KGaA – Genea Biomedx and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.