Overall, the global dental anesthetic market was valued at $983.5 million in 2022. This is expected to increase over the forecast period at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach nearly $1.5 billion.
The full report suite on the global market for dental anesthetics is further segmented into the topical and local injection anesthetic markets. The units sold in the dental anesthetic market are defined in millions of milliliters, while the ASP represents the cost of one milliliter of a product.
MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2029, and Historical Data to 2019
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Procedure Volumes
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
GLOBAL DENTAL ANESTHETIC MARKET INSIGHTS
Growth in the global dental anesthetic market will be driven by the increasing demand for dental procedures, as well as the price increase of more expensive anesthetic components, such as articaine and mepivacaine. The growing aging population will sustain the demand for dental care and a broad range of restorative procedures, driving the use of dental anesthetics. Additional growth may stem from product innovation in the topical space as delivery methods are improved with needleless syringes and spray anesthetics
GLOBAL DENTAL CORE BUILD-UP MATERIAL MARKET SHARE INSIGHTS
Within the Global market for Dental Anesthetics, there are three key market players – Septodont, Dentsply Sirona and Pierrel Pharma.
Septodont was the leading competitor in the global dental anesthetic market in 2022. The company offers a diverse array of anesthetic products, participating in the lidocaine, articaine, mepivacaine and bupivacaine drug categories. Several private-label companies use Septodont owned Novocol’s anesthetic materials in their products. For these reasons, the market share of Septodont as a company is much larger than its market share for its own brand of local dental anesthetics. Dentsply Sirona acquired a notable market share of the dental anesthetics business in 2022. In addition to its local injection brands, such as Xylocaine® for lidocaine, Polocaine® for mepivacaine, Articadent® for articaine and Citanest® for prilocaine, Dentsply Sirona also carries Oraqix®, the periodontal gel composed of a combination of lidocaine and prilocaine. Pierrel Pharma competed in the global dental anesthetic market with its Orabloc® injectable
articaine product. Orabloc® is registered in major international markets, including the U.S.,Canada, Italy, Russia, Poland, Serbia, France, the U.K., Germany, Austria, Sudan, Taiwan and Indonesia.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- Dental Core Build-Up Material Market – MedCore – The chapter is further broken down by:
- Product Type: Composite Resin, Glass Ionomer/RMGI, and Other;
- Delivery Type: Auto-Mix Syringe, Hand-Mix Powder and Liquid, Pre-Mix;
- Curing Method: Light-Cure, Self-Cure, and Dual-Cure.
RESEARCH SCOPE SUMMARY
|Regional Coverage||North America (Canada, United States)
Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela)
Western Europe (Austria, Benelux, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Scandinavia, Spain, Switzerland, U.K.)
Central & Eastern Europe (Azerbaijan, Baltic States, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine)
Middle East (Bahrain, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates)
Asia Pacific (Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Macao, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam)
Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda)
|Quantitative Coverage||Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|
WHY CHOOSE IDATA?
- Experts Only – iData has been around for over 17 years and is the trusted source of intelligence, and data-driven insights for key industry players. We are made up of specialists with a sole focus on medical devices, dental devices and pharmaceuticals. Our research and consulting field of endeavor never strays from the medical device industry and, because of this, we are the number one choice for leading companies in this field.
- Global Coverage – iData’s unique methodology, and its expansion to over 70 countries world-wide, has made it one of the most viable sources of intelligence for global companies along with those who plan to expand their portfolio beyond the confines of their own country. Providing procedural data at the country level is another testimony to the trusted global coverage we provide.
- Attention to Detail – It’s our attention to small details, scheduling of timelines, and keen project management that makes us stand out from the rest. We are creative, and our reports include metrics such as procedure numbers, ASPs, and SKU-level insights that are not found elsewhere.
- Pricing – When comparing like-with-like, iData’s prices are not only extremely competitive but also the most cost-effective. We strive for success and want the same for our clients. With the level of detail incorporated into each report alongside the extensive segmentation provided, no other report compares at our price point.