Robotics and Surgical Navigation Systems Report Suite for EU | 2017-2023 | MedSuite | Neurosurgery Applications, Spinal Applications, ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) Applications, Orthopedic Applications
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 10/1/2016
- Pages: 122
- Type: MedSuite
The full report suite on the European market robotics and surgical navigation systems includes four segments in surgical navigation and six segments in robotics. The segmentation for surgical navigation systems includes systems with neurosurgery applications, spinal surgery applications, ENT (ear, nose and throat) applications, and orthopedic hip and knee applications. The segmentation for surgical robotics systems includes spinal, neurosurgery, minimally invasive surgery (MIS), radiosurgery, catheter and orthopedic robotically assisted systems.
The shift from open cavity procedures to minimally invasive procedures has already occurred within Europe. Incorporating surgical navigation and robotic systems into operating rooms helps institutions promote themselves as industry leaders. Surgical navigation is a more established technology which has become the standard of care in neurosurgery, with adoption increasing in other segments. In addition, the growth of the surgical robotics market is expected to broaden the variety of procedures that can be done using a minimally invasive approach while reinforcing existing clinical benefits. For many procedures, the use of an image guided surgery (IGS) or robotic system increases the duration of the operation. Surgical navigation systems are often marketed by implant companies and bundled with other products, while robotics companies have traditionally been smaller and focused on a narrower range of technologies. However, partnerships have led to a series of acquisitions of smaller robotics companies by larger, more established medical device companies. Since the technologies can be considered competitors, this trend is expected to continue as robotic technology becomes more widely adopted and accepted.
The full report suite on the European Union market for robotic systems and surgical navigation devices includes neurosurgery applications, spinal surgery applications, ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat), and orthopedic hip and knee applications.
While this report suite contains all Robotics and Surgical Navigation device data from the European Union, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the robotics and surgical navigation market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- European Market Overview for Surgical Navigation Systems 2017 – MedView – Overview chapter on the European market surgical navigation systems. It highlights the four segments in surgical navigation: Neurosurgery applications, Spinal Surgery applications, ENT (ear, nose and throat) applications, and orthopedic hip and knee applications.
- European Market Overview for Robotic Assisted Surgery Systems 2017 – MedView – Overview chapter on the European market robotic assisted surgery systems. It highlights six segments which include spinal, neurosurgery, minimally invasive surgery (MIS), radiosurgery, catheter and orthopedic robotic assisted systems.
- Europe Procedure Numbers for Surgical Navigation and Robotics Systems 2017 – MedPro – Provides the procedure numbers for both Surgical Navigation and Robotic assisted surgery
- Europe Market Report for Neurosurgery Navigation Systems 2017 – MedCore – Neurological procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- Europe Market Report for Spine Navigation Systems 2017 – MedCore – Spine procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- Europe Market Report for ENT Navigation Systems 2017 – MedCore – ENT procedures performed using navigation systems, qualitative and quantitative background, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis.
- Europe Market Report for Orthopedic Navigation Systems 2017 – MedCore – Procedures performed using navigation systems qualitative and quantitative, unit sales, ASPs, market value and competitive analysis. Breaks up procedures numbers for total knee, total hip and partial knee arthroplasty. Covers procedure volumes and forecasts them to 2023. Also, defines the percent of these procedures which are performed using a navigation system.
- Europe Market Report for Surgical Robotics Systems 2017 – MedCore – Provides market analyses including unit sales, ASPs, Market Value and growth trends. The chapter also cotains market drivers and limiters for each chapter segment, a competitive analysis for each chapter segment and a section on recent mergers and acquisitions
Robotics and Surgical Navigation Market Trends
A number of factors are impacting the Robotics and Surgical Navigation Systems market both positively and negatively. This report includes an analysis of how recruitment competition, economic benefits, clinical benefits as well as the revenue from procedures are positively impacting each segment. Furthermore, the report goes deeper and showcases factors that could possibly negatively impact the market such as the cost of they systems, the training period for each device and competing technologies.
Robotics and Surgical Navigation Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Robotics and Surgical Navigation Companies Analyzed
Companies researched in this report for Europe include Accuray Inc, Aesculap Inc, Auris Surgical, Brainlab, Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Hansen Medical, Intuitive Surgical, Karl Storz, Medrobotics, Mazor Robotics, Renishaw, Smith & Nephew, Zimmer Biomet and other major competitors. The report includes a review of each company and their role within the robotics and surgical navigation market.
History of Our Robotics and Surgical Navigation Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the robotics and surgical navigation market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top robotics companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.
China Market Report for Surgery Tables 2016 – MedCore
The market for surgical tables in China is a fairly mature market with most new sales going towards the
replacement of older tables. Due to the large existing installed base, there are a significant number of used
and refurbished models being sold along with new models. Although a number of tables were sold to
newly constructed operating rooms (ORs), that number is modest and does not constitute a significant
share of the market. However, opportunity for growth exists in the hybrid OR market for image guided
surgery tables. Additionally, demand from newly integrated facilities is expected to further drive growth
in the number of units sold in the future.
European Markets for Surgical Microscopes 2016 – MedCore
Optical microscopy is an increasingly technical field in which light from an area of interest is passed through lenses to provide a magnified view. Neurosurgical microscopes have many requirements such as extreme precision, outstanding color conformity, high resolution image quality, efficient light transmission and exceptional detail within the field of view and ergonomic use, all of which increase surgical accuracy and decrease physician fatigue.
China Market Report Suite for Hybrid and Integrated Operating Room Technology 2016 – MedSuite
The market for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment includes integrated ORs, hybrid
ORs, surgical camera systems, image capture devices, surgical displays, light sources, surgical
lighting, surgical booms and surgical tables.
China Market Report for Hybrid Operating Room Technology 2016 – MedCore
Some integrated ORs can include an imaging system such as a C-arm, which allows for intra-operative
imaging, or a navigation system; these are referred to as hybrid rooms.
These operating rooms provide versatile solutions that save hospitals critical time and provide flexibility
to perform open and minimally invasive surgeries. Also, in the same room, cardiovascular, orthopedic,
spine, neurosurgical and vascular procedures can be done with the additional flexibility to utilize the same
operating room space for open and other general purpose surgical procedures, when the clinical space is
not being used for complex procedures requiring use of a C-arm and specialty imaging table.