Dental Materials Market Report Suite for Europe | 2017-2023 | MedSuite | Dental Cements, Impression Materials, Direct Restoratives, Bonding Agents, Core Build-Up, Anesthetic Materials
The European market for dental materials includes dental cements, impression materials, direct restorative materials, bonding agents, core build-up materials and dental anesthetics. The aging European population is the most significant driver of the dental materials market. Baby boomers are projected to live longer than those of previous generations and are therefore more likely to invest in their oral health during the remainder of their lives. Consequently, the demand for dental materials will increase due to this generations need for more crowns, bridges and other restorations. Also, the popularity of tooth-colored restorations and minimally invasive treatments has increased tremendously in the past few years; these trends are expected to drive the demand for innovative and technologically advanced dental materials, resulting in higher average selling prices (ASPs) and market values.
- Year: 2017
- Scope: 2013-2023
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 11/1/2016
- Pages: 440
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Dental Materials Market Suite
Overall, the European market for dental materials was valued at over €990 million in 2016. This is expected to increase at a CAGR of 1.1% to more than €1 billion by 2023.
The European market for dental materials includes dental cements, impression materials, direct restorative materials, bonding agents, core build-up materials and dental anesthetics.
While this report suite contains all dental materials data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental market research that you need. You can view these separate reports and segmentation here:
- Europe Market Overview for Dental Materials 2017 – MedView– Gives a high-level view of all dental materials markets and trends, and aggregates the trends together.
- Europe Procedure Numbers for Dental Materials 2017 – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of dental procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned below.
- Europe Market Report for Direct Restoratives 2017 – MedCore – This market comprises composite, amalgam and glass ionomer and resin-modified glass ionomer (GI and RMGI) materials used in direct restorations produced by dentists in their clinics.
- Europe Market Report for Dental Impression Materials 2017 – MedCore – This market is further segmented in both preliminary and final impressions, specifically alginate, vinyl polysiloxane (VPS) and polyether based materials.
- Europe Market Report for Dental Core Build-Up Materials 2017 – MedCore – This market includes composite, glass ionomer and resin-modified glass ionomer (GI and RMGI) materials, core build-up segment as well as a residual segment for other materials used in core procedures.
- Europe Market Report for Dental Cements 2017 – MedCore – This market includes luting agents which are predominantly used to fill the gap between restorations and the natural tooth.
- Europe Market Report for Dental Bonding Agents 2017 – MedCore – This market includes dental materials used to bond a restorative onto a tooth so that it remains stable permanently.
- Europe Market Report for Dental Anesthetics 2017 – MedCore – This market includes topical and the local injection drugs that are used to stop nerve endings from sensing pain, allowing the dentist to conduct painful procedures such as crown placements, root canals or gum disease treatment
Of course, buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Ask for a Quote to Learn More
Dental Materials Market Trends
The overall dental material market is fairly stagnant as it is a highly established and mature market. Most segments are however affected by advancing technologies in different ways. Markets can be separated into three categories according to their expected growth rates. The first category is composed of dental cements, bonding adhesives and dental local anesthetics, which are driving the market forward with higher-than-average growth rates. The second category of restorative materials will also demonstrate steady growth, but at a lower growth rate. The final category includes the core build-up materials segment and dental impression materials which are declining as a consequence of growing preference for minimally invasive procedures.
To read more about the US dental materials device market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Dental Materials Market Report Data Types
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2023, and Historical Data to 2013
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dental Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Materials Companies Analyzed
In certain segments, the competitive landscape varied greatly from country to country, with local manufacturers typically holding leading shares in their home countries. For example, Micerium is a reputed company in Italy that develops various dental materials and competes with leading multinational players.
3M ESPE‘s led the European dental materials market and competed in every aesthetic segment, ranging from cements to anesthesia in 2016. 3M ESPE is a public company with vast resources and a long history in operation. They have continuously invested into innovation and are relied on to deliver quality products.
DENTSPLY the second leading dental material market competitor in Europe. Like 3M ESPE, DENTSPLY competed in all six dental material segments.
GC Europe competed within all the dental material segments with the exception of the dental anesthetic market. GC Europe remains a world-wide corporate giant, heavily invested in the dental industry. Their involvement in the direct restorative sphere is limited to composite and glass ionomer products.
The report suite for dental materials includes analysis on the following companies:
3M ESPE, DENTSPLY, GC Europe, Heraeus Kulzer, Septodont and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
History of Our Dental Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We specialize in it, and the dental market was one of our original reports that helped build trust in our research and methodology. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the dental device market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research, that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top dental device companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our dental market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.