Anesthesiology, Respiratory, and Sleep Management Devices Report Suite for Europe | 2016-2022 | MedSuite | Anesthesia Disposables, Anesthesia Delivery, Nebulizers, Oxygen Therapy devices, Respiratory Disposables, Therapeutic Obstructive Sleep Apnea devices, Sleep Diagnostic devices, Ventilators
The analysis in this report covers the European markets for anesthesia delivery units, anesthesia disposables, ventilators, nebulizers, respiratory disposables, oxygen therapy devices, therapeutic obstructive sleep apnea devices (sleep therapy devices) and sleep diagnostic devices.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: Europe
- Published Date: 08/01/2016
- Pages: 661
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Anesthesiology Market Report Suite
The market for sleep therapy devices, which includes both positive airway pressure equipment and the patient interfaces used in conjunction with these devices, is the largest market covered in this report. The widespread use of these devices is due largely to an increasing awareness of sleep apnea and the risks of leaving the condition untreated. The second largest market is the anesthesia disposables market, within which there has been notable alterations in the competitive structure in Europe. The next largest market is for ventilators, which remains large in value despite the decline in sales that resulted from over-purchasing during the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. Most segments within the anesthesia and respiratory markets are showing relative stability. The market is mature, and is driven by the aging European population, combined with the increasing awareness of sleep apnea and COPD. Price pressure from governments and tendering periods are causing a decline in the ASP that the growth in unit sales cannot overcome, yielding market wide stability, or market contraction in some cases.
The full report suite on the European market for anesthesia, respiratory and sleep management includes anesthesia disposables, anesthesia delivery, nebulizers, oxygen therapy devices, respiratory disposables, therapeutic obstructive sleep apnea devices, sleep diagnostic devices and ventilators.
While this report suite contains all Europe anesthesia device data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the anesthesia market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- European Market Overview for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Sleep Management Devices 2016 – MedView – Overview chapter on the European market for anesthesia, respiratory and sleep management devices. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market.
- European Market Report for Anesthesia Disposables 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Anesthesia Disposables market. Chapter includes anesthesia circuits, anesthesia masks, endotracheal tubes and laryngeal masks markets and provides their growth and forecast.
- European Market Report for Anesthesia Delivery Units 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Anesthesia Delivery Units market. Chapter provides growth and forecast rates, ASPs within each country covered, and the competitors who are involved in the market.
- European Market Report for Nebulizers 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Nebulizers market. Chapter provides growth and forecast rates, ASPs within each country covered, and the competitors who are involved in the market.
- European Market Report for Oxygen Therapy Devices 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Oxygen Therapy device market. Chapter segments the market into two types of devices: concentrators and transfilling devices. Concentrators are futher segmented into categories for ambulatory and stationary devices.
- European Market Report for Respiratory Disposables 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Respiratory Disposables market. Chapter segments the market into four types of products: oxygen cannulae, oxygen masks, tracheostomy tubes and manual resuscitators.
- European Market Report for Therapeutic Obstructive Sleep Apnea Devices 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Therapeutic Obstructive Sleep Apnea device market. Chapter provides growth and forecast rates, ASPs within each country covered, and the competitors who are involved in the market.
- European Market Report for Sleep Diagnostic Devices 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Sleep Diagnostic device market. Chapter segments the market into three types of devices: polysomnography (PSG) devices, home respiratory polygraphy devices and home sleep testing screening devices.
- European Market Report for Ventilators 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Ventilators market. Chapter segments the market into three types of devices: universal ventilators, neonatal ventilators and non-invasive ventilators.
Anesthesiology Market Trends
In 2015, oxygen therapy devices and respiratory disposables represented the fastest growing segments in the European anesthesia, respiratory and sleep management device market. The oxygen therapy market is dominated by several large gas companies that operate through compressed oxygen delivery, whereby users rely on scheduled oxygen delivery to satisfy their compressed oxygen needs. However, in recent years, alternative devices that allow patients to generate their own compressed oxygen at home have begun to play a significant role in the market. Other growing segments include the markets for anesthesia delivery units, ventilators and sleep diagnostic devices. The primary driver of sleep diagnostic device sales is the growing awareness among the general population of both the symptoms of sleep apnea and the potential dangers associated with leaving the condition untreated. The market for sleep diagnostic devices experienced slight decline between 2014 and 2015, and is expected to remain fairly stable over the forecasted period.
This report includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
Anesthesiology Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
In 2015, ResMed and Philips were the leading competitors in the European anesthesia, respiratory, and sleep management devices markets, respectively. Combined, they accounted for nearly half of the overall market share, and were major players in five out of the eight segments covered in this report. ResMed was the market leader in the therapeutic obstructive sleep apnea devices market, while Philips led the ventilator, nebulizer, and sleep diagnostic device markets.
Other leading competitors in the anesthesia, respiratory, and sleep management devices markets Include GE Healthcare, Intersurgical, Invacare, and Teleflex Medical, all of which were market leaders in different segments.
History of Our Anesthesiology Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the anesthesiology market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top anesthesiology companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.