In 2019, the European dental equipment market size was valued at €907 million, which is projected to grow over the forecast period and reach over $913 million in 2025.
The saturation of the marketplace in most segments increased competitiveness and has had a negative impact on the average selling prices. The presence of smaller competitors with more modest overhead costs, and the increasing growth of Asian imports, has put downward pressure on prices. Since many of the companies operating in the market participated in multiple market segments, several dental equipment manufacturers and distributors packaged their devices in order to provide more enticing product offerings to end users. Companies operating in both the dental imaging and treatment center markets, for example, offered packaged deals by combining multiple devices and selling them at discounted prices, in order to drive sales.
While this report suite contains all Europe dental equipment market data, each of the market segments are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the dental equipment market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Dental Treatment Center Market – MedCore – For the purpose of this report, a Dental Treatment Center comprises a dental chair, a dental stool, an operatory light and a delivery unit. The patient chair, operatory light and delivery unit are typically sold in a bundle as an operatory package. Depending on the dentist’s needs and budget, each item is also sold separately.
- Dental Handpiece Market – MedCore – A dental handpiece is a mechanical device designed for use with rotary instruments, such as burs, stones, wheels and discs. The most commonly used modern version of this device is the air turbine handpiece, which can operate at up to 800,000 revolutions per minute (rpm).
- Curing Light Market – MedCore – Curing lights, which are frequently used in all dental offices, harden direct restorative materials such as composite resins, cements and other adhesives used to fill cavities or root canals.
- Dental Scaler Market – MedCore – Scaling is a conventional non-surgical procedure that removes and eliminates plaque and calculus. This is important since plaque and calculus incubate bacteria that release toxins, which cause inflammation to the gum and surrounding bone.
- Intraoral Camera Market – MedCore – Intraoral dental are supplementary imaging devices used to capture images of a patient’s mouth. The market for dental cameras was largely being driven by the sales of intraoral cameras, as their popularity grew immensely with the high ROI potential of using the devices for patient education.
- Dental Autoclave Market – MedCore – The process of sterilizing dental instruments such as handpieces begins with cleaning the instruments using a washer or ultrasonic cleaner. The instruments are then treated in dental autoclaves, which sterilize the equipment by applying high-pressure steam to destroy pathogens and other bacterial spores.
- Caries Detection Device Market – MedCore – Caries is a disease that results in the disintegration of the crystalline structure of the tooth. There are several different methods of detecting caries. The most commonly used technology is Light Induced Fluorescence Technology (LIFT); it detects bacteria on the surface of the tooth by illuminating it with violet light.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Dental Equipment Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2025, and Historical Data to 2015
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Dental Equipment Companies Analyzed
In 2018, KaVo Kerr led the total dental operatory equipment market in Europe. In 2018, KaVo Kerr held the second-leading position in the dental treatment center and multimedia system as well as the dental handpiece market segments, the two largest segments covered in this report suite. KaVo Kerr’s overall dominance was attributed to the fact that the company was involved in almost all the market segments discussed in this report. In October 2017, KaVo and Kerr announced their merger and formation of the KaVo Kerr company with the combined portfolio of the two dental manufacturers.
Other leading competitors in the dental operatory equipment market include Dentsply Sirona, ACTEON Group, EMS, 3M ESPE and Melag, all of which were market leaders in their respective segments. Other notable competitors include W&H, Planmeca, NSK, Dürr Dental, Carestream Dental, and Ivoclar Vivadent.