Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Report Suite for China | 2016 – 2022 | MedSuite | Bone Graft Substitute, Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation, Orthopedic Growth Factors
Bone graft substitutes are designed to fill bone voids, which eliminates the need for autograft harvesting of the patients own bone. Viscosupplementation products are injected directly into the affected knee joint to relieve pain caused by osteoarthritis. Growth factors are naturally occurring molecules in the body that mediate various cellular functions.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: China
- Published Date: 02/01/2016
- Pages: 123
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Report Suite
Overall, the Chinese orthopedic biomaterials market totaled $281.9 million in 2015 with a modest growth rate when compared to two years previously. Despite the market being on track to more than double by 2022, it will still remain underserved relative to the potential size of the patient pool.
The Chinese orthopedic biomaterials market consists of bone graft substitutes (BGS), hyaluronic acid (HA) viscosupplementation and growth factors (i.e. bone morphogenetic protein).
While this report suite contains all Chinese Orthopedic Biomaterials data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the Orthopedic Biomaterials market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Chinese Market Overview for Orthopedic Biomaterials 2016 – MedView: Gives an easily accessible view of all orthopedic biomaterials markets and trends, and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total Chinese market.
- Chinese Procedure Numbers for Orthopedic Biomaterials 2016 – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic biomaterials procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Chinese Market Report for Bone Graft Substitutes 2016 – MedCore: Bone is a biologically active tissue and will regenerate whenever possible; however, there are instances where the damage is significant enough to warrant a scaffold to help rejoin the fissure or cavity. Bone grafting is a surgical procedure in which damaged bone is replaced with autograft tissue, allograft tissue or a bone graft substitute, which can be either synthetic or metal.
- Chinese Market Report for Hyaluronic Acid Viscosupplementation 2016 – MedCore: Hyaluronic acids (HAs) are naturally occurring biopolymer fluids found in the joints that help cushion them from wear. Sufferers of osteoarthritis are deficient in these fluids. One of the treatment options for these patients is HA viscosupplement injections. Viscosupplements are injectable products that come in three varieties of injection regimens. The market consisted of single-injection, three-injection and five-injection. These products are classified as medical devices in the majority of circumstances. In China, however, HA products are classified as drugs.
- Chinese Market Report for Orthopedic Growth Factors 2016 – MedCore: Growth factors are a group of small, soluble proteins that bind onto cell surface receptors, triggering a series of signals that regulate the body’s ability to grow, renew and heal. Due to the regenerative properties of growth factors, they have been exploited for bone healing in orthopedic applications.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Trends
The orthopedic biomaterials market in China grew in 2015. The growth was slowdown due to both slower growth in procedures and decreasing ASP. Going forward the overall market is expected to grow noticeably slower than in the past mainly due to drastic decline in the ASP across all segments.
The fastest growing segment in 2015 was BGS (bone growth stimulation). While facing the same challenges as the hyaluronic acid segment in terms of slower growth in procedures and declining ASP, this segment appears to be more stable as the large portion of it consists of allograft sub-segment that does not see rapid decline in procedures and ASP.
To read more about the Chinese orthopedic biomaterials market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Orthopedic Biomaterials Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Orthopedic Biomaterials Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Orthopedic Biomaterials Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Orthopedic Biomaterials Companies Analyzed
The orthopedic biomaterials market in China is somewhat fragmented with local players collectively dominating every sub-segment. Local players control more than a half of the total market with foreign accounting for the balance mainly due to lower price points and significant financial and regulatory backing from the government. Two notable foreign players are Seikagaku (selling through Kunming Baker Norton) from Japan and Wright Medical from the U.S., whose products occupy leading spots in their respective markets (HA and DBM).
The Chinese Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Report Suite includes analysis on the following companies currently active in this market:
Allgens Medical, Biocomposites, Biolu Biomaterials, Bloomage Freda Biopharm, Datsing Biotech, DePuy Synthes, FocusChem, Genzyme, Guona Keji, Hanghzhou Gallop and other.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
History of Our Orthopedic Biomaterials Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We specialize in it, and the orthopedic biomaterials market was one of our original reports that helped build trust in our research and methodology. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the orthopedic biomaterials market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top orthopedic device companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our orthopedic biomaterials market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.