Orthopedic Large Joint Replacement Devices Market Report Suite for China | 2016 – 2022 | MedSuite | Knee and Hip Replacement, Bone Cement
Healthy joints are vital to an active lifestyle; however, aging, obesity and overuse tend to increase joint deterioration. Two major factors determining the health of joints are the integrity of the bones making up the joint and the quality of joint articulation. A significant deficiency in either aspect can lead to the decision to replace the joint. Bone is primarily made up of the mineral calcium, and although bone is hard and strong, it is also considered a living tissue of the body. This means that bone is not static but is constantly being replenished and drawn upon by the body as a part of natural human physiology. For instance, calcium is drawn upon by the body for many cellular processes that are essential to life.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: China
- Published Date: 11/01/2015
- Pages: 143
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Report Suite
The Chinese orthopedic large joint device market includes the hip replacement device and knee replacement device markets as well as the auxiliary bone cement market. The Chinese large joint market will reach over $1.3 billion by 2020. The large joint arthroplasty market is growing in each segment as demand rises from an aging population and a higher average income allowing patients to opt for more elective surgeries. Cemented knee replacement devices are commonly used in China, which results in a fairly large bone cement market given the fairly low average selling prices of this market.
While this report suite contains all Chinese orthopedic large joint reconstruction devices data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the orthopedic large joint reconstruction market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Chinese Market Overview for Orthopedic Large Joint Devices 2016 – MedView: Gives an easily accessible view of all orthopedic large joint reconstruction markets and trends, and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total Chinese market.
- Chinese Procedure Numbers for Orthopedic Large Joint Devices 2016 – MedPro: Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of orthopedic large joint reconstruction procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Chinese Market Report for Knee Replacement Devices 2016 – MedCore: The knee is a hinge-like joint that comprises the femur (thighbone), tibia and fibula (shin bones) and patella (knee cap). Knee replacement was first performed in 1968. As joints do not regenerate readily, primary replacement is an eventuality when discomfort and decrease in mobility become serious enough issues for prospective patients. The major segments of the knee replacement market are primary joint replacement, partial joint replacement, patellofemoral replacement, interpositional knee implants and knee revision.
- Chinese Market Report for Hip Replacement Devices 2016 – MedCore: The hip is a ball-and-socket joint, with the head of the femur constituting the ball. This articulates with the acetabular fossa, which is the socketed surface of the pelvis. The hip replacement market includes a primary total hip replacement (THR), partial implants that replace only the femoral or acetabular side of the joint, resurfacing an alternative form of implantation to total joint replacement and hip revision. The market is also segmented by a fixation types that are used to fix hip implants and by implant materials.
- Chinese Market Report for Bone Cement 2016 – MedCore: Rather than acting purely as an adhesive, bone cement accomplishes fixation by filling the space between the bone and implant. Its chief constituent is polymethylmethacrylate. The other key ingredient is a liquid monomer of methylmethacrylate. Each is stored separately until the time of the operation and are mixed during the time of the operation. Doing so produces a polymerization reaction that solidifies the substances.
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Trends
The Chinese large joint market has growing unit sales within all three of its segments: hip devices, knee devices and bone cement. Growth is driven primarily from the burgeoning elderly demographic, which is most at risk of osteoarthritis. Moreover, as average income levels rise, patients will choose not to postpone elective surgeries, which will raise procedure numbers and in turn propel the revision device markets.
To read more about the Chinese Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices market trends, take a look at our latest Expert Article from our Analysts:
Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Companies Analyzed
The largest competitor in the Chinese large joint replacement device market was Zimmer Biomet . The merging of Zimmer and Biomet in June 2015 resulted in a clear market leader. Mergers such as these remain the most significant manner in which market shares change drastically.
China does have local manufacturers and they are able to sell their products for much less due to inexpensive labor and a lack of import taxes compared to foreign businesses. However, the much larger foreign companies can often provide auxiliary benefits such as surgeon training and other product lines such as trauma devices or bone cement.
This Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Report Suite for China includes analysis on the following companies currently active in this market:
Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew, DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Aikang Yicheng, Baimtec Jinghang and others.
Not all companies are currently active in every segment or sub-report from this suite. For more details contact an iData Research Product Advisor.
History of Our Orthopedic Large Joint Reconstructive Devices Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We specialize in it, and the orthopedic market was one of our original reports that helped build trust in our research and methodology. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the orthopedic market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top orthopedic device companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our orthopedic market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.