Video, High-Tech and Integrated Operating Theater Equipment Market Report Suite for China | 2016-2022 | MedSuite | Integrated Operating Room, Hybrid Operating Room, Surgical Camera, Image Capture and Recording Device, Surgical Display, Surgical Light Source, Surgical Lighting, Surgical Boom, Surgery Table
The market for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment includes integrated ORs, hybrid
ORs, surgical camera systems, image capture devices, surgical displays, light sources, surgical
lighting, surgical booms and surgical tables.
- Year: 2016
- Scope: 2012-2022
- Region: China
- Published Date: 05/01/2016
- Pages: 176
- Type: MedSuite
Major Segments Covered in the Video, High-tech and Integrated Operating Theater Market Report Suite
In the past, products were designed to be used for specific purposes; each type of operation required specialized equipment. Manufacturers now realize this is not a viable option for many hospitals. Products are becoming more user friendly, ergonomic and modular. The offering of extensive service contracts is an important and underrepresented factor in this market as the majority of current integration technologies are expensive and costly to repair. The market is becoming much more competitive due to the overlap of equipment and should provide facilities with greater options.
Video and high-tech equipment is a broad term used to refer to video systems, digital image capture
devices, integration hubs/routers, surgical robotic systems and other capital equipment used in the medical
Integrated OR is a reference to an operating room that has been ergonomically designed to include video,
lighting, recording and information sharing equipment integrated via a central hub/router. Equipment such
as surgical lighting, surgical displays, surgical booms, surgical tables and insufflators are regularly found
inside ORs and are often part of the cost of a new, fully integrated OR setup. In addition, video camera
systems and related equipment such as light sources, surgical headlights and image capture devices are an
integral part of a modern OR.
The full report suite on the China market for video, high-tech and integrated operating room equipment includes integrated operating rooms, hybrid operating rooms, surgical camera systems, image capture and recording devices, surgical displays, surgical light sources, surgical lighting, surgical booms and surgery tables.
While this report suite contains all China video and high-tech device data, each of the markets are also available as standalone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the video and high-tech market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- China Market Overview for Hybrid and Integrated Operating Room Technology – MedView – Overview chapter on the China market for Hybrid and Integrated Operating Room market. It provides a snapshot of what trends, drivers and limiters are affecting each market segment. The chapter also includes a brief analysis of the competitive market share.
- China Market Report for Integrated Operating Room Technology 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Integrated Operating Room Technology market. Chapter includes product ASPs, market analysis and forecast, market drivers and limiters, as well as a competitive analysis of the top companies involved in the market.
- China Market Report for Hybrid Operating Room Techology 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Hybrid Operating Room Technology market. Chapter includes product ASPs, market analysis and forecast, market drivers and limiters, as well as a competitive analysis of the top companies involved in the market.
- China Market Report for Surgical Camera Systems 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Surgical Camera System Market. The chapter breaks down the market into two subsegments: Camera Head market and Camera Control Unit market.
- China Market Report for Image Capture and Recording Devices 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Image Capture and Recording Device market. Chapter includes product ASPs, market analysis and forecast, market drivers and limiters, as well as a competitive analysis of the top companies involved in the market.
- China Market Report for Surgical Displays 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Surgical Display market. Chapter segments the market into HD Compatible 26″ and Under Surgical Displays, HD Compatible 32″ and Greater Surgical Displays and UHD Surgical Displays.
- China Market Report for Surgical Light Sources 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Surgical Light Source market. Chapter includes product ASPs, market analysis and forecast, market drivers and limiters, as well as a competitive analysis of the top companies involved in the market.
- China Market Report for Surgical Booms 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Surgical Boom market. The chapter breaks out the market into the Surgical Boom Market and the Anesthesia Boom Market.
- China Market Report for Surgery Tables 2016 – MedCore – In-depth analysis of the Surgery Table market. Chapter further segments the market into General Surgery Table market and Specialty Surgery Table market.
Video, High-tech and Integrated Operating Theater Market Trends
The largest segment in the market for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment was surgery tables, which constituted 26.8% of the total market. The second largest segment, surgical camera systems, accounted for 20% of the total market; however, this is because the integrated OR segment only includes centralized router/hub/rack components and does not encompass other devices that may be included in an integrated OR. Over the forecast period, the market for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment will grow as a result of increased demand for ergonomic efficiency within the OR environment. As more ORs become integrated, this will drive the growth in other markets such as surgical cameras, image capture and recording devices as well as surgical monitors. The installation of hybrid rooms will have the largest impact on these markets since these rooms require more equipment than traditional integrated ORs. In addition, growth will be driven by technological advancement such as 2K and 4K technologies.
New competitors are still finding it difficult to gain traction in the Chinese market, as local competitors offer options at very competitive prices, which is creating a tough environment for non-Chinese based manufacturers.
This report also includes an analysis of other factors and trends that have positively and negatively impacted the market.
Video, High-tech and Integrated Operating Theater Market Report Data Types Included
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2022, and Historical Data to 2012
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Video, High-tech and Integrated Operating Theater Companies Analyzed
In 2015, Stryker was the leading competitor for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment. The company offered products in nearly every segment, which enabled it to maintain a dominant position. In markets where Stryker does not manufacture its own product, the company offers rebranded OEM products or other companies’ branded products. MAQUET was the second leading competitor in the video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment market. The company offers products in the integrated OR, hybrid OR, surgical display, surgical lighting, surgical boom and surgery table segments. Olympus was the third leading competitor in the total market for video, high-tech and integrated OR equipment. Olympus’ global headquarters are located in Tokyo, Japan, allowing the company to benefit from local support.
Other companies analyzed in this report includes, TRUMPF, Drager Medical, Karl Storz, Arthrex, Brainlab, GE Healthcare, Onda, Perlong Medical, Nanjing SuperStar Medical Equipment, Yi An and various others.
History of Our Video Market Research
We’ve been doing market research for medical devices for over a decade. We have built relationships with the top competitors in the video, high-tech and integrated operating theater market so that we can gather proprietary information in confidence to assure more accurate research – that our partners and clients then benefit from.
Because we’re a third party researcher, we have the ability to reach well into the top video, high-tech and integrated operating theater companies and look at a multi-angle approach to our research. Not only do we consider financial filings, we conduct interviews, use hospital and procedural databases, and our own history of research to create a picture of the market that’s incredibly accurate.
Our clients have used our market research for years to strategize new markets to break into, submit SEC filings, decide sales and marketing strategies, plan acquisitions and product launches, and provide a 3rd party source to show investors, boards, and senior executives.
Our reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.
China Market Report for Surgical Booms 2016 – MedCore
Surgical booms were introduced to the operating room (OR) environment in the 1990s. Initially, surgical
booms were installed in order to reduce the clutter caused by having multiple carts surrounding the
surgeon and the operating team.
European Market for Surgical Video and Imaging Technology 2016 – MedCore
The introduction of high definition (HD) technology has brought considerable change to the surgical camera system market. The popularity of minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is continually growing as the utilization of MIS has resulted in reduced patient stays and costs, which have been accompanied by improvements in operating theater efficiency. Surgical displays are utilized in essentially all operating theaters (OTs) in Europe. Surgical light sources provide illumination for endoscopic cameras, surgical headlights and surgical microscopes.
European Markets for Video, Hi Tech and OT Equipment 2009 (15 Countries) – MedSuite
The value of the European market for video, hi-tech and OT equipment exceeded 730 million in 2008, representing an increase of approximately 25% over 2007. The European market includes: Germany, France, Italy, the United Kingdom (the U.K.), Spain, Benelux, (the Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg), Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and Finland), Switzerland, Portugal, and Austria. This market includes digital operating theatres (OTs), theatre lighting, surgical tables, surgical booms, endoscopic surgical cameras, light sources, surgical displays, and digital image capture devices.
Japanese Market for Video, High-Tech and Integrated OR Equipment 2009 – MedSuite
Video and high-tech equipment is a broad term used to refer to video systems, digital image capture devices, integration hubs/routers, surgical robotic systems and other capital equipment used in the medical industry. In this report, we have included the markets for all major types of equipment found in operating rooms (ORs). Integrated OR is a reference to an operating room that has been ergonomically designed to include video, lighting, recording and information sharing equipment integrated via a central hub/router. Equipment such as surgical lighting, surgical displays, surgical booms, surgical tables, and insufflators are regularly found inside ORs and are often part of the cost of a new, fully integrated OR setup. In addition, video camera systems and related equipment such as light sources, surgical headlights, image capture devices, and medical printers are an integral part of a modern OR.