Cardiac Surgery Market Analysis, Size, Trends | United States | 2018-2024 | MedSuite (Includes 21 Reports)
The U.S. market for cardiac surgery and heart valve devices includes tissue heart valves, mechanical heart valves, annuloplasty repair devices, transcatheter heart valve repair (THVR) devices, transcatheter heart valve replacement (THVI) devices, on-pump coronary artery bypass (ONCAB) devices, off-pump coronary artery bypass (OPCAB) devices, endoscopic vessel harvesting (EVH) devices, anastomosis assist devices (AADs), transmyocardial revascularization (TMR) devices, ventricular assist devices (VADs), intra-aortic balloon pumps, artificial heart replacement devices, patent foramen ovale (PFO), atrial septal defect (ASD) devices, ventricular septal defect (VSD) devices and left atrial appendage (LAA) devices.
- Year: 2018
- Scope: 2014-2024
- Region: United States
- Published Date: 11/03/2017
- Pages: 417
- Type: MedSuite
The total U.S. cardiac surgery market is growing at a rate of about 10%, which will take the 2017 market value of $5.1 billion up to $10 billion by 2024.
A major driver of growth in the U.S. cardiac surgery market is the aging population. As the population ages, the rate of heart failure will increase. In addition, the elderly is often not suitable for open heart surgery. The aging population also drives the growth of minimally invasive procedures, such as transcatheter heart valve replacements. There is also an emerging trend towards minimally invasive procedures in the cardiac surgery market. Minimally invasive procedures reduce hospitalization and pain for the patient compared to the traditional open-heart surgery.
MAJOR SEGMENTS COVERED IN THE CARDIAC SURGERY MARKET REPORT SUITE
While this report suite contains all US cardiac surgery data, each of the markets are also available as stand alone MedCore reports. This allows you to get access to only the cardiac surgery market research that you need. You can view all these included reports and segmentation here:
- Cardiac Surgery Market Overview – MedView – Gives an easily accessible view of all cardiac surgery and heart valve device markets and trends and aggregates the data together for a picture of the total US market.
- Procedure Volumes for Cardiac Surgery – MedPro – Using a number of databases, internal and external, we’re able to provide you with the total volume of cardiac surgery and heart valve procedures being performed for each of the markets mentioned in this suite of reports.
- Product Portfolio for Cardiac Surgery – MedFolio – Covering all segmentation within this cardiac surgery and heart valve devices suite, we include insight on all available products in each market, any recalls and clinical trials.
- Tissue Heart Valve Market – MedCore – Segmented by device type (Stented, Stentless, Sutureless) and tissue type (Xenograft, Allograft).
- Mechanical Heart Valve Market – MedCore – Segmented into 2 main markets, Mechanical Heart Valves with and without Conduit.
- Annuloplasty Repair Device Market – MedCore – Covers segmentation into Ring and Band Device Markets.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair Device Market – MedCore – Transcatheter heart valve repair is often referred to as percutaneous heart valve repair (PHVR). Devices currently approved and undergoing trials are intended for use on the mitral valve and are thus labeled as transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR) devices.
- Transcatheter Heart Valve Replacement Market – MedCore – The primary method for treating heart valve conditions is through open surgery to place a replacement valve.
- On-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Device Market – MedCore – Further segmented into On-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Disposables and Perfusion Systems.
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Device Market – MedCore – This market report is segmented into Stabilizer Devices, Positioners, and Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Accessories.
- Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting Device Market – MedCore – In an EVH procedure, the EVH device is inserted into the patient via an incision approximately one inch long either in the patient’s leg, arm or chest, depending on the vessel being procured.
- Anastomosis Assist Device Market – MedCore – This report considers Proximal Anastomosis and Distal Anastomosis Assist Devices.
- Transmyocardial Revascularization Device Market – MedCore – Split into two main segments, the Transmyocardial Revascularization Disposables Market and the Transmyocardial Revascularization Capital Equipment Market.
- Ventricular Assist Device Market – MedCore – Includes segmentation on Percutaneous, Implantable, and External Ventricular Assist Device Markets
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Market – MedCore – This market report covers Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Disposables and Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump Consoles.
- Temporary Artificial Heart Replacement Device Market – MedCore – Artificial heart devices can be temporary or permanent mechanical devices that are designed to replace the function of a biological heart. The U.S. market for artificial heart replacement devices is currently composed entirely of temporary artificial heart devices.
- Remote Hemodynamic Monitoring System Market – MedCore – Remote hemodynamic monitoring devices are implanted into the patient to monitor the blood pressure in the pulmonary artery.
- Patent Foramen Ovale Device Market – MedCore – A patent foramen ovale (PFO) is a defect in the septum between the two atrial chambers of the heart. Some studies have suggested that PFO closure can reduce the incidence of migraine headaches, a symptom of PFO.
- Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defect Device Market – MedCore – Covers two main markets: Atrial Septal Defect Devices and Ventricular Septal Defect Devices.
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure Device Market – MedCore – Segmented into Epicardial Devices and Endocardial Devices.
- OTHER INFORMATION – Company Profiles and SWOT, Disease Overviews, & Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
Buying all of these reports together in this suite package will provide you with substantial discounts from the separate prices. Request Pricing to Learn More
CARDIAC SURGERY MARKET REPORT DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2024, and Historical Data to 2014
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Cardiac Surgery and Heart Valve Device Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cardiac Surgery and Heart Valve Devices Procedure Volumes
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
- Related Press Releases from Top Competitors
CARDIAC SURGERY COMPANIES ANALYZED
Of the many companies in the cardiac surgery and heart valve device market, Edwards Lifesciences is the leading competitor, followed by Medtronic and Abbott. The majority of Edwards Lifesciences’ market share comes from their dominance in the transcatheter heart valve replacement segment. Edwards Lifesciences offers their SAPIEN 3® and SAPIEN XT® as their transcatheter heart valve replacement option. They also has a strong presence in the tissue heart valve and annuloplasty segment.
In this report suite we’ve analyzed several other companies, which include market shares from Maquet, Abiomed, Boston Scientific, LivaNova, Terumo, Teleflex Medical, CryoLife, TandemLife, AtriCure, W.L. Gore, Syncardia, and Others.
iData’s 9-Step Research MethodologyOur reports follow an in-depth 9-step methodology which focuses on the following research systems:
- Original primary research that consists of the most up-to-date market data
- Strong foundation of quantitative and qualitative research
- Focused on the needs and strategic challenges of the industry participants
Step 1: Project Initiation & Team Selection During this preliminary investigation, all staff members involved in the industry discusses the topic in detail.
Step 2: Prepare Data Systems and Perform Secondary Research The first task of the research team is to prepare for the data collection process: Filing systems and relational databases are developed as needed.
Step 3: Preparation for Interviews & Questionnaire Design The core of all iData research reports is primary market research. Interviews with industry insiders represent the single most reliable way to obtain accurate, current data about market conditions, trends, threats and opportunities.
Step 4: Performing Primary Research At this stage, interviews are performed using contacts and information acquired in the secondary research phase.
Step 5: Research Analysis: Establishing Baseline Estimates Following the completion of the primary research phase, the collected information must be synthesized into an accurate view of the market status. The most important question is the current state of the market.
Step 6: Market Forecast and Analysis iData Research uses a proprietary method to combine statistical data and opinions of industry experts to forecast future market values.
Step 7: Identify Strategic Opportunities iData analysts identify in broad terms why some companies are gaining or losing share within a given market segment.
Step 8: Final Review and Market Release An integral part of the iData research methodology is a built-in philosophy of quality control and continuing improvement is integral to the iData philosophy.
Step 9: Customer Feedback and Market Monitoring iData philosophy of continuous improvement requires that reports and consulting projects be monitored after release for customer feedback and market accuracy.