In 2020, Australia’s digital dentistry market size was valued at $46.3 million with the market for dental 3D printers showing the fastest growth. Despite COVID-19, the market size is expected to increase over the forecast period and reach $88.3 million at a CAGR of 9.7% by 2027.
Currently, the majority of the CAD/CAM device market share is controlled by 3Shape, Dentsply Sirona, and Align Technology. For dental 3D printers, the top three companies are Asiga, 3D Systems, and Formlabs.
Throughout this medical market research, we analyzed over 30 digital dentistry companies in Australia and used our comprehensive methodology to understand the market sizes, unit sales, average selling prices, company market shares, and to create accurate forecasts. One major trend in Australia’s market for digital dentistry is the shift towards CAD/CAM technology that provides the potential for a significant cost, labor, and time savings in the production of dental prosthetics and implants. However, it requires significant capital and labor investments. Small laboratories have traditionally comprised a significant portion of the dental laboratory market, but often lack the capital to invest in this technology.
Market growth will be driven by the increased demand for dental 3D printers. Dental 3D printing is a powerful technology for the rapid production of models, surgical guides, temporary crowns and bridges, dentures, and more. Ongoing innovation in the material space has made applications such as dentures increasingly viable.
HOW HAS COVID19 IMPACTED THE DIGITAL DENTISTRY MARKET IN AUSTRALIA?
In 2020, Australia’s digital dentistry market declined by 0.8% when compared to 2019 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, this market is expected to recover rapidly and exceed the pre-COVID levels by the end of 2022.
The digital dentistry market was negatively impacted by COVID-19, as patient volumes, and dental spending was decreased. Reduced cash flow in dental offices along with decreased demand for dental prosthetics impacted the capital equipment and materials markets. Overall, the effects of the pandemic on the digital dentistry market are expected to vary by market segment.
MARKET SEGMENTATION SUMMARY
- CAD/CAM Device Market – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Product Type: Milling system, Laboratory Scanner, Chairside, Intraoral;
- CAD/CAM Material Market – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- CAD/CAM Block
- Material Type: Zirconia, Lithium Discillicate, Other Ceramic;
- CAD/CAM Disc – The market analysis is further broken down into segments by:
- Material Type: Zirconia, Metal, Other Ceramic
- CAD/CAM Block
- Dental 3D Printer Market
WHO ARE THE TOP Digital Dentistry COMPANIES?
The leaders in the CAD/CAM device market are 3Shape, Dentsply Sirona, and Align Technology. For dental 3D printers, the three top companies are Asiga, 3D Systems, and Formlabs. Together, these companies combine to make up the majority of the overall market. Company profiles, product portfolios, and SWOT analysis for the top competitors are included in the report.
DATA TYPES INCLUDED
- Unit Sales, Average Selling Prices, Market Value & Growth Trends
- Forecasts Until 2027, and Historical Data to 2017
- Market Drivers & Limiters for Each Segment
- Competitive Analysis with Market Shares for Each Segment
- Recent Mergers & Acquisitions
- COVID-19 Impact on the Digital Dentistry market
- Disease Overviews and Demographic Information
- Company Profiles, Product Portfolios and SWOT for Top Competitors
Research Scope Summary
|Region||Asia Pacific (Australia)|
|Quantitative Coverage||Market Size, Market Shares, Market Forecasts, Market Growth Rates, Units Sold, and Average Selling Prices.|
|Qualitative Coverage||COVID19 Impact, Market Growth Trends, Market Limiters, Competitive Analysis & SWOT for Top Competitors, Mergers & Acquisitions, Company Profiles, Product Portfolios, FDA Recalls, Disruptive Technologies, Disease Overviews.|
|Data Sources||Primary Interviews with Industry Leaders, Government Physician Data, Regulatory Data, Hospital Private Data, Import & Export Data, iData Research Internal Database.|