Medical Market Reports and Healthcare Companies
The healthcare world is constantly changing with the advancement of technology, and the medical device industry is no exception. As one of the biggest healthcare industries in the United States, the medical device industry is driven by technology, with the last decade seeing unprecedented growth in the market and all of its sub-segments.
With the sheer number of advancements being made across the world, it can be difficult for medical device companies to stay on top of the latest market data. To that end, healthcare device companies need comprehensive market reports like those provided by iData Research.
About Medical Device Market Reports
Healthcare device market reports are complete summaries of the current medical device market, featuring hours of expert analyses and hard data to help you make the best decisions for your business.Each of our market reports features the following:
- Market Data: The basis of any sound market report is hard data. Our reports take data from all corners of the market for processing. This data includes everything: average selling prices, units sold, procedure volumes, market values, market growth rates, historical and forecast data. This data even includes competitor-specific data and analysis. This sound statistical data is combined with hours of professional analysis to spot trends, identifying the technology and procedural options that will most likely grow in the near future.
- Expert Data: In addition to the hard data from market analyses, medical device market reports for healthcare companies also provide information and opinions straight from industry experts. These experts include business development managers, company executives, management and marketing consultants, government regulators, trade journalists and key customers in the industry. With the data and insight collected from these market representatives, we can then compile a complete picture of the market that look at more than just numbers, but the trends and qualitative analysis to capture the movement of the market as well.
- Market Forecasts: Between the hard data and the expert information collected, market reports can identify the most important growth factors in the market and provide a comprehensive forecast. Regardless of how specific the market is, reports can highlight growth-driving and growth-inhibiting factors so companies can shape their strategies appropriately. These forecasts often mean the difference between a company’s success or failure – especially when developing new products or entering new markets.
In combination, these factors result in reports that help companies succeed. With iData Research market reports, quality statistical data combined with market wisdom brings clients a competitive edge, regardless of their market specialization or the extent to which they use their reports.
How Companies Use Market Reports
iData Research’s healthcare market reports are designed to provide our clients with the reliable and accurate information they need to make the best possible decisions for their company. The insights, forecasts and data in our market reports can be used in a variety of ways. Just a few ways companies can use our insights include:
- Market Monitoring: At the most basic level, companies can use healthcare industry reports to keep an eye on the current state of the medical device market and their status within it. Such information can be used to monitor target demographics, watch the competition’s behavior or simply gauge your company’s progress in the market for ongoing reports and presentation.
- Corporate Strategy: Many companies use market reports to build their strategies for the coming quarter or year. Between historical data and forecasts, medical market research can help companies determine the timing and scope of their activities, from research and development to product release dates, pricing strategies, and sales efforts.
- Product Strategy: Market reports are especially useful for the research and development of new products, analyzing current technology for strengths and weaknesses and identifying potential opportunities. Additionally, iData Research reports specifically watch for emerging technologies and foreign markets, analyzing new products and their potential success in the market.If you’re developing a new product, these reports can alert you to any potential challenges and barriers your product may experience in the world market, such as government regulations or competition.
- Acquisitions and Mergers: Acquisitions and mergers can be very risky for any company, which is why so many of our clients use medical device market reports to reinforce their acquisition decisions. When a company wants to know the revenue potential of a partnership, acquisition or merger, iData Research’s reports can provide a complete forecast based on the history of the companies and the market forecast.
- Financial Planning: Financial decisions can make or break a company, which is why medical device reports are often used to support corporate financial decisions as well. Data collected by market research companies can be used to support cash flow and pricing decisions as well as potential investment decisions. iData Research does this by taking a variety of market segments and studying units sold, mergers, acquisitions, product pricing and revenue streams for products within each segment. Such analyses usually cover financial information up to 6 years into the future.
- Decision-Making: It’s not just medical device manufacturing companies that use our technology. Market consultants, investment firms and many other companies also use our information for a variety of decision-making operations. While the purposes listed above tend to be the most common uses of healthcare market research reports, many companies use market reports for an even wider range of decisions and to back up their reasoning, support their actions or develop a model for new market strategies.
All of our clients, regardless of their company type or background, use our reports to help better their business. This is why we strive to provide unique, data-based solutions to make intelligence as actionable as possible. By making our data useful for the above purposes, we can help our clients succeed and innovate better than ever before.
The Impact of Medical Market Reports
When companies use our medical device market reports, the depth and scope of our market data poses numerous advantages to them, enabling them to accomplish more. Here are just a few examples of how medical reports help healthcare companies:
- Identify Underserved Markets: Market reports provide companies with quantifiable estimates of local and international markets. Through such reports, our experienced analysts can help companies identify new or underserved markets, especially considering the aging demographic of the medical market. For example, our team of senior analysts has already helped identify several underserved markets, including the orthopedic biomaterials market. We have a thorough understanding of the market drivers and limiters relating to each segment.
- Understand Market Segments: Many companies don’t have the time or resources to identify primary market segments, their sub-segments and the big players within each. iData Research does. Between our knowledgeable analysts, our deep segmentation and our extensive resources, we provide comprehensive reports using current and historical data. No matter what market sub-segment your company serves, we can provide you with a report covering all the data and key players you need to know, including detailed competitor analyses of new and existing players.These reports even provide you with precise market sizes, shares, barriers and trends for a ten-year period along with potential strategies to overcome them.
- Develop the Next Generation:Research and development is a risky part of any business. How do you know your next generation of products will succeed in the market? With iData Research reports, you can get a good idea of a new product’s success before you even finish developing it. Between customer surveys and deep market analyses, iData Research reports can help guide your development process so you can develop a product that fits the needs of the market in quantities that are appropriate for the level of market demand at the time.
- Prioritize Projects: In addition to developing new products, iData Research reports can tell companies which products to focus on at any given time, based on the behavior of the market. Maybe one of your devices is expected to experience a boom in demand while another experiences a lull. Focus on the products that matter in the market so you can more efficiently direct your research and development efforts.
- Estimate the Competition: Never underestimate your competition again! With iData Research’s complete analyses of both old and new competitors in each market, you can get snapshots of your competitors’ actions and plan accordingly. Predict their actions more accurately than ever before with competitor intelligence and surveillance.
- Improve Health Access: In addition to company benefits, market reports can help companies benefit from health access at a broader level. Market reports can identify opportunities for companies to lower costs and improve access to health technology by collecting surveys from companies, physicians and even patients. We design these statistically significant surveys to help identify key areas for improvement so companies can protect their bottom line while simultaneously improving and expanding health access.
With these capabilities and many more, companies working in any segment or sub-segment can expand their horizons and predict market behavior with increased accuracy. iData Research reports offer more intelligence than any other market research organization, often analyzing regions and segments not covered by other firms.
Specialties Covered by iData Research Reports
Reports from iData Research handle a variety of different market segments, primarily organizing our data by specialty. We cover over 25 medical specialties and even more sub-segments within those specialties. These include, but are not limited to:
- Anesthesiology: The anesthesiology market research we compile covers all the products associated with anesthesiology, including anesthesia delivery units (ADUs), anesthesia patient monitors, anesthesia information management systems (AIMS), and disposable equipment.
- Respiratory and Sleep Management: A subcategory of anesthesiology, respiratory and sleep management market research looks deeply into the global market for information and trends. The devices covered in these reports include nebulizers, sleep apnea devices, sleep therapy, and diagnostic devices and ventilators.
- Cardiology: With 28.4 million Americans diagnosed with cardiovascular disorders and heart disease becoming the most prevalent cause of American deaths, the cardiovascular device market is more important than ever before. With the growth in cardiovascular patient populations, sub-segments of the cardiovascular market are growing quickly, including interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, rhythm management, and electrophysiology.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Between elective and reconstructive surgeries, our cosmetic surgery reports cover a wide range of devices, including botulinum toxin A, dermal fillers, augmentation, and reconstructive implants, fat reduction devices, and aesthetic laser devices.
- Dental: The dental market has experienced great strides lately, especially with the development of digital dentistry. iData Research reports looking at such strides and their effects on dental diagnosis, prevention, and treatment, forecasting the future of the market and its sub-segments. Our dental market research covers devices and procedures of all types, including dental hygiene, imaging, bone graft substitutes, dental cement, dentures and prosthetics, CAD/CAM equipment devices, and many other dental materials and procedures.
- Diabetes: With the diabetic population increasing across the United States, the diabetes medical device market has come to grow as well, extending to several categories and sub-categories. Our extensive collection of diabetes market reports cover several market segments with impressive depth and accuracy, including devices like monitoring, insulin injection and glucose testing equipment.
- Dialysis: The dialysis device market includes all the markets for hemodialysis machines, dialysis catheters, and concentrates, dialyzers and their reprocessing machines, declotting devices, water treatment systems and beyond.
- Durable Medical Equipment: Reusable medical equipment includes surgical gowns, drapes, instruments, and other equipment that is regularly sterilized and reused. Other equipment within this market includes emergency medical supplies like patient monitoring and imaging, cardiovascular and trauma equipment.
- Endoscopy: The endoscopy devices market has experienced rapid growth over the past several years with the advancement of endoscopic surgery technology and techniques. With quality research from iData, companies involved in the endoscopy market can better react to news and trends regarding colonoscopes, cystoscopes, nephroscope, rectoscopes, and more.
- Ears, Nose and Throat (ENT): Ear, nose, throat (ENT) and bronchoscopic devices make up a large market that includes powered monitoring and imaging equipment, radiofrequency (RF) devices, endoscopes and bronchoscopes, balloon sinus dilation (BSD) equipment, bronchial stents and biopsy forceps, transbronchial aspiration (TBNA) needles, and surgical equipment.
- Gastrointestinal (GI): The gastrointestinal device market covers several segments, including those for endoscopes and colonoscopies and related equipment, stenting and dilation devices, biopsy and aspiration equipment, anti-reflux devices, feeding devices and esophagus ablation equipment.
- Hearing Devices: The hearing device research provided by iData Research covers several market segments including hearing aids, cochlear and direct-drive implants, brainstem response analyzers, audiometers, tympanometers, otoscopes and even hearing aid batteries.
- Infusion Therapy: iData Research is trusted by infusion therapy companies of all types, providing them with reliable information they can use to make critical development and marketing decisions. Just a few of the sub-categories we handle within the infusion therapy market include infusion pumps, analgesia devices and intravenous devices, though there are many more segments of the market that iData Research covers.
- Laparoscopy: The laparoscopic instruments market has grown steadily as laparoscopic procedures have increased in popularity. The market not only includes laparoscopes, but also access devices, hand instruments, suction and insufflation devices, ultrasonic and direct energy devices and closure devices. Gastric bands and female sterilization devices also fall within this market category.
- Neurology: The neurology and neuromodulation market includes a huge variety of devices, each of which is designed to regulate or alter the nervous system in some way. Just a few of the devices iData Research reports cover include cerebrospinal fluid shunts and drainage systems, detachable coils, guidewires, cranial monitoring devices and spinal cord and vagus nerve stimulators.
- Oncology: Interventional oncology (IO) is a device market encompassing several types of cancer treatment approaches. This market includes several segments and sub-segments. Our radiation therapy (RT) market reports, for example, include sub-segments like internal (RTi) and external (RTx) radiation therapy.The ablation segment includes cryoablation, microwave ablation (MAT) and radiofrequency ablation (RFA) therapy sub-segments. Our particle embolization segment includes sub-segments like drug-eluting beads, radioembolization, microspheres and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particles.
- Ophthalmics: The ophthalmic devices market was valued at $31 billion in 2015 and has only grown since. With an aging population and an electronics-centered society, the eye care industry is growing faster than ever, meaning companies need a competitive edge to keep up. To that end, we provide reports on devices like autorefracters, ophthalmoscopes, corneal topographers, optical biometers, perimeters and tonometers, among others.
- Orthopedics: The orthopedic market segment is the largest in the medical device industry, consisting of devices used to diagnose and treat bone injuries. With the average lifespan of humans increasing, the market has swelled tremendously in recent years.iData Research is on top of the orthopedic device market in terms of research and analysis, providing a comprehensive look at the instruments commonly used in orthopedic procedures. Just a few of these devices include suture anchors, staples, retractors and bone gauges. We also provide deep analysis of the market’s sub-categories, including the extremities, joint reconstruction and arthroplasty markets.
- Patient Monitoring: Patient monitoring devices include everything used to monitor the health and vital signs of a patient. This market includes multi-parameter vital sign, wireless and telehealth monitors, electromyography (EMG) and electroencephalography (EEG) devices, fetal and neonatal monitors, oximetry, cardiac monitoring and blood pressure monitors and more.
- Peripheral Vascular: The vascular closure device market covers all the segments associated with placing catheters into veins or arteries. These segments and sub-segments include devices like catheters, atherectomy devices, guidewires, filters, sheaths, stents, grafts and embolization devices, among others.
- Pharmaceuticals: Another huge industry within the healthcare market is the pharmaceutical industry, which covers all the medications used in treating diseases.
- Soft Tissue Reinforcement & Regeneration: This market covers a huge range of devices used in tendon reinforcement, vaginal repair, hernia repair, breast reduction and many other procedures. The market usually covers grafting devices like allografts, alloplasts and xenografts.
- Spine: Spinal procedures and devices include everything used to fix or monitor spine health, and the market includes several segments and sub-segments based around surgery types. Segments within this market include traditional cervical and thoracolumbar fixation devices, motion preservation devices, vertebral compression fracture (VCF) treatment devices, electrical stimulation devices and minimally invasive surgery spinal implants.Within the minimally invasive surgery (MIS) spinal implants market, there are several sub-segments, such as spinous process or facet fixation, interbody fusion, pedicle screws and sacroiliac joint fusion.
- Ultrasound and Imaging: Commonly divided by application or by the user, the ultrasound device market covers a huge range of systems, including those used for cardiology, radiology, obstetrics, gynecology, breast health, urology, surgery, vascular monitoring and ophthalmic ultrasound systems. Most companies group the radiology market segment together with the ultrasounds segment, but is quite large by itself, as it includes all of the equipment associated with radiology departments.
- Urology: The urology devices market includes all the equipment associated with the treatment of the urological system. This broad category covers the devices and equipment used to treat prostate cancer, urinary infections or incontinence, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction and benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). The market includes devices like urological endoscopes, urological monitoring equipment and nephrostomy devices.
- Vascular Access: The vascular access device market covers a huge range of products involved in the safe and efficient delivery of medication. Most devices within this market are single-use
- products, though a select few are reusable. Some of these devices include central venous catheters (CVCs), dialysis catheters, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICCs),
Peripheral intravenous catheters (PIVCs), implantable ports, syringes and needles.
- Video Hi-Tech Navigation and Robotics: Integrated video equipment is in high demand for operating room functionality. These devices include camera systems, image displays and monitors, light sources, medical printers, booms, tables and microscopes. Our coverage of this technology also includes electronic medical records, robotics and other hi-tech information technology devices.
- Women’s Health: The women’s health market involves a number of procedures and devices associated with female health, including bone densitometry, breast biopsy and imaging,
- ultrasound imaging, fetal and neonatal monitoring, assisted reproduction, endometrial resection and ablation, hysteroscopies and colposcopies, female sterilization, pelvic floor electrical stimulation and repair, fluid management, infant care and gynecological chairs.
- Wound and Tissue Care: The wound care market covers several segments associated with pre- and post-operational wound care. Just a few of the devices and procedures included in this market include anti-adhesion products, dressings, hemostats, compression bandages, tissue sealants and negative pressure wound therapy.
Regardless of the specialization, the research produced by iData Research is top-of-the-line and actionable. With our data, your company can find information to help make a wide variety of
decisions, from product development to market resource allocation. We uncover the deep data you need to properly understand and handle industry trends within your specialization, allowing you to determine the best strategies for increasing your company’s market share.
How Reports Benefit Medical Specialties
When your company works in a highly-specialized field, you may wonder whether market reporting can help you. Few companies offer the meaningful details you need to make market decisions, and the smaller your field, the better your company can stay on top of trends in the market.
However, even the most specialized medical device companies can still benefit enormously from medical market reports. iData Research provides:
- Bottom-Up & Top-Down Reporting: We use a combination of bottom-up and top-down approach for all specialized industries. This allows us to study the market in deeper segmentation and specifically target your data needs. The bottom-up approach looks at the market data for each individual segment and compiling together segments will give us the overall market. But we also combine this with a top-down approach by looking at overall market trends and data across larger segments and seeing how this compares and is broken up to include the niche segments. This allows an unmatched level of accuracy when compared to studying just a specialized segment on its own.
- Global Viewpoints: We collect data on both a national and global level so you don’t have to. No more being blindsided by a new product on the foreign market — our analysts will stay on top of the latest medical device news from around the world and provide you with meaningful market predictions. However, vague generalizations of “global” markets can be misleading and often very inaccurate. This is why iData’s reports are separated by major regions so that we can analyze the different regions in greater detail, and when brought together can create your global viewpoint comprised of the major markets.
- Deep Detail: The level of detail our reports collect can’t be matched. We look into current and historical consumer and market data, monitor regulatory and reimbursement trends and monitor the movement of market shares and market drivers and limiters, making meaningful forecasts for even the smallest industries. We also collect data from industry sources and end users, so you know our data comes directly from the frontlines of your industry.No other research company can offer this amount of depth for specialty device manufacturers, which is why so many industry professionals trust iData Research.
Learn More About iData Research
At iData Research, we employ dedicated research experts from a variety of different backgrounds and disciplines. By following a rigorous analysis process based on a foundation of qualitative and quantitative research, our analysts can guarantee our clients the highest quality in the industry. We maintain high standards regardless of the project or industry we study, which is why our clients trust us to deliver the most accurate and reliable market assessments.
If your company is in search of the best research in the industry, look no further. Our high standards and unbeatable service means we’ll be there to answer any question you may have.
For more information about iData Research and the benefits of using our market reports, contact iData Research today online or by phone at 1 (866) 964-3282.