Register to receive a free US Interventional Oncology Device Market Report Suite synopsis and brochure
Elekta has recently entered into an agreement to serve as the sole distributor of Kobold Medical’s brachytherapy applicators in the United States. Adding to its expansive current portfolio of brachytherapy solutions, Elekta will market four Kobold applicators – each featuring a 10-year expected life – and the Kobold prostate template.
The solutions include:
- Fletcher applicator set: The Kobold Fletcher-model Tandem and Ovoid Applicator Set is utilized for HDR radiation boosts to the cervix and parametrial tissues in conjunction with external beam radiation therapy where HDR radiation treatment of the cervix and uterus is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Henschke applicator set: The Kobold Henschke-model Tandem and Ovoid Applicator Set is used when the vaginal vault space is limited or narrow due to tumor, restricted anatomy or fibrosis. The applicator is best used in any case in which HDR radiation treatment of the cervix and uterus is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Tandem & ring set: The HDR Kobold Tandem and Ring Applicator Set is used to provide an HDR radiation boost to the cervix and parametrical tissues in conjunction with external beam radiation therapy.
- Vaginal cylinder applicator set: The CT-compatible Kobold Vaginal Cylinder Applicator Set is indicated for use in any case in which HDR radiation treatment of the vagina is accepted by up-to-date clinical guidelines.
- Prostate HDR template: The Kobold Prostate HDR Template is a single-use, disposable device customizable for any prostate shape or size.
“We are pleased to offer our brachytherapy users in the United States these high quality products from Kobold,” says Bill Yaeger, Elekta Executive Vice President, Region North America. “Adding these solutions to our brachytherapy portfolio will help us better serve the needs of clinical providers.”
To learn more, visit elekta.com/brachytherapy/kobold-applicators.
For Further Information
More on the oncology device market in the US can be found in a report suite published by iData Research entitled the US Interventional Oncology Market Report Suite. The suite covers reports on the following markets: External Radiation Therapy Device Market, Internal Radiation Therapy Device Market, Ablation Device Market, Embolization Particle Market, and Cancer Procedures and Incidence Rates.
Reports also provide a comprehensive analysis including units sold, procedure numbers, market value, forecasts, as well as detailed competitive market shares and analysis of major players’ success strategies in each market and segment. To find out more about oncology device market data or procedure data, register online or email us at [email protected] for a US Interventional Oncology Market Report Suite brochure and synopsis.
About Procedure Tracker
Procedure number data is available from iData’s Procedure Tracker service, which allows subscribers to define and analyze procedure data segmented by state, region, hospital, surgery centre, and physician. A customizable dashboard sorts procedure data for further analysis and research.
About Reimbursement Tracker
iData Research’s Reimbursement Policy Tracker enables medical device, dental, pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals to receive real-time policy updates from hundreds of insurance companies and 60,000+ policies across all therapeutic areas in the United States.
Explore our careers page for our current available job opportunities. This is your chance to join a fun and dynamic team in the medical market research industry. Send your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line, and feel free to tell us a little about yourself. We look forward to hearing from you.