We are looking for a Part-Time Publications Coordinator to join our growing team. The Publications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the company’s publications process, by copy-editing and preparing reports for publication, ensuring reports are free from errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax, and further ensuring consistency, readability and accuracy.
We are a young and dynamic office, looking for applicants with drive, creativity, and a positive personality to fit with our amazing team. This is a great opportunity for professionals with 1+ years of experience to build their careers.
- Copy-edit and prepare reports for publication, ensuring consistency, readability, and accuracy.
- Enhance the process-flow of the publication from project assignments to analysts, to submission of reports for publication.
- Increase the efficiency of the copy-editing and proof-reading process to reduce the time-to-market.
- Make enhancements to the editing of the Company’s literature (i.e. reports, articles, brochures, etc.).
- Prepare report document templates for the analyst team.
- Help with article submission to trade journals and press releases for new reports, as necessary.
- Work closely with the sales team on publication quality and timelines; ensure targets are met according to the Company’s standard.
- Proof-read the Company’s website content, as required.
- Create report covers and copyright pages for reports.
- Manage the report hard copy inventory and ordering hard copies.
- Organize reports within the publications folder as required.
- Consistently track the publications process.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years publications experience.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably with a focus in Journalism, Communications, English or other relevant academic filed.
- Medical industry experience is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of principles of proper written English sentence structure, spelling and grammar.
- A meticulous approach to publications work and an eye for detail.
- Ability to judge visual and editorial quality and appropriateness of written documents.
- Strong analytical thinking acumen.
- Self-motivated, driven to succeed, with a proven ability to meet and exceed set goals.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Team player with good collaborative skills and the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Internet savvy and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
If this describes you, please send your cover letter, resume and post-secondary transcript to jobs(@)idataresearch.net .
Please note that due to a high volume of responses, only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted. All other resumes will remain in our database for future consideration.